No CD for NR2003 (my CD split)

Old May 29th 07, 10:38 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
[email protected]

Default No CD for NR2003 (my CD split)

If you're fluent in BitTorrent, you could download a .bin, and .cue,
that you can burn to a CD. I"m not sure if the serial number is CD
specific, but, it might be something to try.

Mininova

On Mon, 28 May 2007 22:13:21 -0400, "Larry \(The Other Larry\)"

Old June 4th 07, 05:01 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Plowboy

The Serial number is NOT specific to the CD,

but the Ripping the image with RMPS (as stated in earlier post) then
mounting the image with Daemon tools, works like a charm.

I used Blindwrite, but that was like version 3 (way back when) doing what
alcohol120 supposed to do as well.

AFAIK, If you go the NO-CD download, I was under the understanding that the
game would not connect to sierra multiplayer? I was not clear if you could
still do a direct IP-connection (circomventing the chatroom/sierra lobbies).
But if they (race host/server) listed the race server on sierra, then I know
you couldn't use the no-cd, well again, last I knew!? ONLY with direct IP
connecting, to an "unknow" server would work, like @ a lan party, say
without internet connections etc.

deadguy3 enlightened us with:

Old June 4th 07, 05:44 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry \(The Other Larry\)

Thanks for the info guys.

I guess, however, the answer to my question is no. I can't have a
stand-alone backup of my Nr2003 CD

-Larry

Old June 4th 07, 06:10 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Plowboy

Larry (TOL),

The answer from me is, really that, you maynot re-create the "CD" onto a CD
media, least I have NOt been able to, but I only tried 2 times at first
anywhow... Because, I have kept My CD in a nice safe place in the basement
now for what, well, over 4 years? I raced online all the time through
sierra, OLR and anywhere I wanted to. But I have been able to store those
files I created with Blind write on a DATA DVD disk for archival purporses
<VBG> as well as the tool to mount it, and rip it and almost all the patches
and downloads for nascar03.

You use Alcohol or Blind write, to rip an image, but it is NOT just an
generic "ISO" image. I dont have any of it here or handy at work now (but I
did, dang it). But not long ago I had a copy installed here so I could do
reviews for my league, at work if I had free time. Blindwrite would decode
the Safedisk (RMPS) and the ISO to a couple of files that Daemon tools would
then use to "mount" a fake CD version. Now, I am not the expert on burning
cd and all that, my drive might been crap, or I needed better burning
software?

any rate I dont use my CD and havent for several years, on ANY of my
computers.

Larry (The Other Larry) enlightened us with:

Old June 14th 07, 12:12 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Summit

LMAO - the clueless trying to lead the clueless

Here's the no cd patch. If you can't figure out how to install you need to
sell your pc and buy a console game.

http://dumbassracer.tripod.com/dumbass.html

Glass for split/bay Bart Bervoets VW air cooled 0 October 10th 05 10:31 AM
Split CV boot kit Dave VW water cooled 3 August 11th 05 10:26 PM
Split Window Kit bcdlr VW air cooled 0 June 20th 05 12:55 AM
Split the case Joao Eliseu VW air cooled 4 January 17th 05 03:34 PM
NR2003 Split Axis Pedals W/Logitech Formula GP Douglas BISHOP Simulators 1 December 5th 04 11:54 PM