Another Question for Maxpower

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 9th 06, 12:56 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
Hachiroku

Default Another Question for Maxpower

Crunch time...I'm trading SOMETHING for a Scion tomorrow morning.

They are giving me $600 for a '94 LHS. The car is in good shape but needs:
Front Axle
All Shocks/Struts
Front wheel bearing (1)
Exhaust
Rear Trans mount
New tires (all)
Timing Belt
Valve Cover Gaskets

I also have my 'infamous' 1992 Plymouth Gr Vger van. IT needs:
Brakes (all)
Rear Shocks
Windshield
Front Struts (maybe)
Inner Tie Rod end
New Motor

I can get the motor for about 200, out of a Dynasty with 78,000 miles.
I can do more work on the van than I can on the LHS by myself.

I like both equally for different reasons. The LHS is a Boulevard Cruiser,
and I think the most Comfortable car I have ever owned. It looks good and
everyone thinks it's a nice car.

The van is by all accounts a POS, the motor has a bad head and ticks like
a time bomb but always gets there. It has AWD and I have a set of four
studded sonow tires. I play in a band so it is more useful than the LHS,
but let's face it...it's a Caravan!

If I do ALL the work at once on both vehicles, the cost is only about $175
apart. I think the van, according to KBB is actually worth more than the
LHS. The van is also much more versatile than the Chrysler, but I can
carry my amps and instruments in the LHS.

The real question here is, how tough it is to replace the Inner Tie Rod
end? I can do everything else but the struts, the motor and the windshield.
I can get a cheap rebuilt rack for $125 if I have to replace the entire
rack, and an ITE for $28.

I dno't think they'll take the van, so I may end up chewing this. I don't
mind because the AWD is good in the winter.

Any ideas, suggestions or advice?

A Physics Question Alan Baker Driving 1 September 9th 06 05:49 AM
2005 Mustang Fog Light Question Craig Shaffer Ford Mustang 2 June 23rd 06 06:24 PM
1993 Saturn Fuel Filter Question OHC (SOHC)? [email protected] Saturn 7 May 21st 06 08:39 PM
Ignorant question. Jeepers Jeep 9 January 15th 05 05:42 AM
93 SL1 Valve Body - Question Gary Compton Saturn 3 September 3rd 04 05:58 PM