78 Cordoba Crown Coupe

Old October 20th 04, 08:55 PM
Steve

Daniel J. Stern wrote:

> On Tue, 19 Oct 2004, Doug M. wrote:
>

>> I thought you folks might like to see a real beautiful car from the
>>good ol days

> 1978 was not the "good old days". 1978 was near the nadir of vehicle
> performance and economy in North America.

Agreed- 78 was automotive hell. But that being said, the Cordoba was
still on the B-body platform at that time (prior to being banished to
F/M/J body hell), could still be had with big-block power, and WAS one
of the few "good ones" still available. And that is a NICE example.

Old October 21st 04, 03:43 AM
Joe

"Steve" > wrote in message
> Daniel J. Stern wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 19 Oct 2004, Doug M. wrote:
> >

> >> I thought you folks might like to see a real beautiful car from the
> >>good ol days

> > 1978 was not the "good old days". 1978 was near the nadir of vehicle
> > performance and economy in North America.

> Agreed- 78 was automotive hell. But that being said, the Cordoba was
> still on the B-body platform at that time (prior to being banished to
> F/M/J body hell), could still be had with big-block power, and WAS one
> of the few "good ones" still available. And that is a NICE example.

It just goes to show, too, that even though Chrysler was practically
bankrupt, their cars still had some fans.

Old October 21st 04, 03:43 AM
Joe

Old October 21st 04, 03:53 AM
Joe

"Doug M." > wrote in message
> I thought you folks might like to see a real beautiful car from the
> good ol days
>
> http://community-2.webtv.net/winger8...oba/index.html

Man, that is an awesome example. I bet you're the only one at the car show
with a t-top Cardoba

Old October 21st 04, 03:53 AM
Joe

Old October 21st 04, 04:38 AM
John \(BoSox\)

"Doug M." > wrote in message
> I thought you folks might like to see a real beautiful car from the
> good ol days
>
> http://community-2.webtv.net/winger8...oba/index.html

If it is equipped with 'rich corinthian leather' wow! the ultimate chick
magnet

Old October 21st 04, 04:38 AM
John \(BoSox\)

Old October 23rd 04, 02:42 AM

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 03:12:35 GMT, "Jes" > wrote:

>Reminds me of my brother 1975 Charger Special Edition. (Like the Cordoba and
>Magnum)
>It had a 400 CID Engine and a Quadrajet carb

Yeah, a Carter Thermo-Quad !

Old October 23rd 04, 02:42 AM

Old October 23rd 04, 03:02 PM
Doug M.

Acually I did 3 car shows this past summer and yes I was the only
Cordoba there. It seems to bring back alot of memories for people, one
kid thoght I should lower it and put on a ground package, I just kinda
laughed.