JetsGo Scumbags (Canadian Discount Airline gone under)

Old March 11th 05, 09:15 AM
Cherokee-Ltd

Default JetsGo Scumbags (Canadian Discount Airline gone under)

What does this have to do with the newsgroup? Nothing, but I hope anyone
affected can get a jump on rebooking. If you're not directly affected you
probably know someone who is due to the March break travel rush.

JetsGo, a Canadian discount airline has ceased operations and recommends
customers to make their own arrangements.
National Post - http://tinyurl.com/6pywb

Gee, I wonder if this has anything to do with being cited this week for
"shortcomings in the operating methods".
Airwise News - http://tinyurl.com/5ndzg

Apart from the usual victims (my in-laws are now stranded in Vancouver), I
really feel sorry for the hundreds, if not thousands of families and
officers that congregated in Edmonton for the RCMP Memorial on Thursday.

No need to reply, but if you do please note that this message has been
cross-posted.

-Brian

Old March 11th 05, 12:11 PM
SteveBrady

At least when Canada3000 took a dive, they refunded all credit card
transactions (took nearly a year). And AirCanada took on some of the
fares....but these guys took down all the signs and everything!

Old March 11th 05, 01:34 PM
Snow

Don't forget that jetsgo plane plane in Calgary that landed 1/2 off the
runway, damaging the flaps, hydraulics and landing gear, Transport will
have fun with that one.

Snow...

Old March 11th 05, 02:34 PM
Snow

oh and add to that the jetsgo plane that blew its engine on its take off
roll, returned to the gate and waited until maintenance showed up before
telling anyone the engine blew, meen while 7 aircraft landed and took-off
from the same runway.

Old March 11th 05, 02:55 PM

Cherokee-Ltd wrote:
> What does this have to do with the newsgroup? Nothing, but I hope

anyone
> affected can get a jump on rebooking. If you're not directly affected

you
> probably know someone who is due to the March break travel rush.
>
> JetsGo, a Canadian discount airline has ceased operations and

recommends
> customers to make their own arrangements.
> National Post - http://tinyurl.com/6pywb
>
> Gee, I wonder if this has anything to do with being cited this week

for
> "shortcomings in the operating methods".
> Airwise News - http://tinyurl.com/5ndzg
>
> Apart from the usual victims (my in-laws are now stranded in

Vancouver), I
> really feel sorry for the hundreds, if not thousands of families and
> officers that congregated in Edmonton for the RCMP Memorial on

Thursday.

Interesting. I know that credit card holders in the US can
refuse to pay the bill because the banks can't pass through a
charge for a service they've never received. The banks then
have to go after the airline for whatever compensation they
can get. The same doesn't apply in Canada?

Old March 11th 05, 03:29 PM
Eric Tonks

> wrote in message
oups.com...

> Cherokee-Ltd wrote:
> > What does this have to do with the newsgroup? Nothing, but I hope

> anyone
> > affected can get a jump on rebooking. If you're not directly affected

> you
> > probably know someone who is due to the March break travel rush.
> >
> > JetsGo, a Canadian discount airline has ceased operations and

> recommends
> > customers to make their own arrangements.
> > National Post - http://tinyurl.com/6pywb
> >
> > Gee, I wonder if this has anything to do with being cited this week

> for
> > "shortcomings in the operating methods".
> > Airwise News - http://tinyurl.com/5ndzg
> >
> > Apart from the usual victims (my in-laws are now stranded in

> Vancouver), I
> > really feel sorry for the hundreds, if not thousands of families and
> > officers that congregated in Edmonton for the RCMP Memorial on

> Thursday.
> >

> Interesting. I know that credit card holders in the US can
> refuse to pay the bill because the banks can't pass through a
> charge for a service they've never received. The banks then
> have to go after the airline for whatever compensation they
> can get. The same doesn't apply in Canada?

Yes, the same applies here. When "Canada 3000" airline went under a few
years ago, credit card holders were the only people that got all their money
back, if you paid cash or cheque (check) you got about 10 cents on the
dollar -- that happened to my neighbour.

Old March 11th 05, 07:48 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Wait until United goes under.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/
Old March 11th 05, 10:27 PM
SteveBrady

I think Jetsgo bought some of the planes.
Apparently the CEO of Jetsgo was the CEO of Canada3000.
Get this....his business plan was to fly inefficient planes (fuel-wise) and
minimize maintenance (boom..what was that!).

After fuel prices went way up they started losing...something like 58million
in the last 6months.
Now, 58million is a LOT in Canada!

Old March 11th 05, 11:22 PM
Snow

despite what CBC and CTV are reporting Michael Leblanc didn't create jetsgo
from the ashes of Canada 3000. He owned Royal over inflated the profit
margin on the books, then sold Royal Airlines to Canada 3000 for way more
then it was worth (hence the downfall of Canada 3000). Before Royal "Mikey
White" also owned City Express (operated out of Toronto Isl.) which also
went bankrupt and before that he owned another airline (great lakes air
maybe) that also went bankrupt.
When you operate your maintenance on a dollar store budget and charge fares
at dollar store rates you can't expect to be in business long.

Now it times for the Goverment to realize that we can't support this great
number of airlines. 3 national and international carriers is all our
population can sustain.

Snow...

Old March 11th 05, 11:39 PM
Swingman

"SteveBrady" wrote in message

> Apparently the CEO of Jetsgo was the CEO of Canada3000.
> Get this....his business plan was to fly inefficient planes (fuel-wise)

and
> minimize maintenance (boom..what was that!).

Harvard MBA, no doubt.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/04