Help for 1959 88 super & 98

Old September 20th 03, 05:02 PM
Stevedevett

Default Help for 1959 88 super & 98

Hi, I am thinking of bying a 1959 Oldsmobile, I like the 2 door 88 super or the
98,
Can anyone tell me the diffrence between the 88 and the 98 ???
Old September 20th 03, 07:38 PM

The 98 was built with a larger body on a heavier chassis.

mike hunt

Old September 22nd 03, 10:07 PM
Dave

>Hi, I am thinking of bying a 1959 Oldsmobile, I like the 2 door 88 super or
>the
>98,
>Can anyone tell me the diffrence between the 88 and the 98 ???

The 98 was the top of the line and had most of the options. It was also about a
foot longer than the 88 or super 88. The super 88 was the middle of the line,
sporty and more hp than the 88, most of the 88's had lower compression and a
two barrel carb. There are many more differences but these are the most
noticeable

super charger DENNIS LERNER Dodge 0 November 1st 04 06:36 PM
FA: 166 3.0 Super 1999 'T' Reg ph12 Alfa Romeo 0 July 2nd 04 08:56 AM
Alfa Romeo 164 TD Super FAVERO Ludovic Alfa Romeo 1 May 14th 04 01:29 PM
alfa 164 super v6 turbo front end sag sonnyp Alfa Romeo 0 May 6th 04 05:30 PM