Ford Explorer Sport

Old July 17th 05, 11:56 PM
karent

Default Ford Explorer Sport

My Explorer will only start when I give it gas and stalls out as soon as
you take your foot off the gas. What is the problem?

Old July 18th 05, 12:15 AM
Jim Warman

*Probably* Idle Air Control. The 4.0 was also plagued with intake manifold
leaks that could reproduce the same symptoms.

A year and motor size may help and whether the problem goes away when the
car warms.

lkaboutautos.com...

Old July 18th 05, 02:50 PM
Mikepier

The IAC acts up especially in humid weather, as the case with mine the
past couple of days here in the NE. Usually just cleaning it out will
solve the problem.

Old July 18th 05, 11:00 PM
John Riggs

You have troubles here in Nebraska too? ;-)

ups.com...

Old July 19th 05, 11:46 AM
Mikepier

Thats NE as in Northeast.