2.4 JTD Lipari Grey Veloce - Black Mirrors!

Old June 1st 04, 03:10 PM
Martin

Default 2.4 JTD Lipari Grey Veloce - Black Mirrors!

Hi,

Just taken delivery of my new Sportwagon 2.4JTD Veloce - lovely. Trouble
is the mirrors - they are just black (unpainted) platic.

I was expecting them to be painted body colour (Lipari Grey) as part of the
Veloce spec, but this has not happened - do you think this is a mistake.
All other colours seem to have painted mirrors - maybe Alfa are being
cheapskates on the dark coloured models and just fitting black mirrors.

Anyone any views / similar problems?? (post reply only)

Thanks,

Martin

Old June 1st 04, 09:38 PM
max

I don't have that problem on my new GT. The mirrors are also painted in
Lipari Grey.

M, Alfa GT 1.9JTD

"Martin" > schreef in bericht

Old June 1st 04, 11:02 PM
Tony Rickard

> All other colours seem to have painted mirrors - maybe Alfa are being
> cheapskates on the dark coloured models and just fitting black mirrors.

The on-line configurator in the Uk certainly shows body colour mirros for
all colours

Old June 2nd 04, 08:09 AM
Simon C

Do you have the latest revised front end version, or the original?

I have the original version (albeit slightly revised interior) from 2002 and
she has body coloured bumper inserts and wingmirrors and mine's metallic
nero black.

Simon C
156 2.4JTD V1 (2002)
To reply: remove nospam. from the address

Old June 2nd 04, 09:35 AM
Martin

Hi - no this is the latest version (2004), with revised front end etc.

Why - do you think they changed the mirrors with this version?

Cheers.

Old June 2nd 04, 11:20 AM
Simon C

If they have changed the spec, it's because Alfa Romeo has the opportunity
to do another mid-term facelift and include body coloured mirrors and
bumpbars. If they haven't, it seems you've been unlucky and have what some
term a 'Friday afternoon car'.

Old June 2nd 04, 05:24 PM
Martin

The dealer now says it lloks like "Turismo" spec mirrors have been fitted by
mistake, and are getting the correct ones organised for me...!

Old June 2nd 04, 07:20 PM
Tony Rickard

"Martin" wrote:

> The dealer now says it lloks like "Turismo" spec mirrors have been fitted

by
> mistake, and are getting the correct ones organised for me...!

Good luck. I had to show my Alfa dealer the spec for the car as it was
missing the three point rear center seat belt and head rest. Thet were very
helpful but it took a full 9 months for the head rest to arrive...

Old June 2nd 04, 07:48 PM
Pete

On Wed, 2 Jun 2004 17:24:16 +0100, "Martin" >, wrote:

>The dealer now says it lloks like "Turismo" spec mirrors have been fitted by
>mistake, and are getting the correct ones organised for me...!

Oh dear. This is the trouble with them keep changing the specs.
Once upon a time, the Turismo came with mirrors in the same
metallic paint as the body.

Pete
--

156 2.0 TS (2001) - Proteo Rosso (his)
147 2.0 TS (2002) - Gem Green (her's)
Old June 3rd 04, 09:23 AM
Martin

mmmm. Mine only has a lap belt and no headrest in the center...should the
standard Veloce Spec Sportwagon have a diaganol belt & 3rd headrest?