Have your say? Why bmw?

Old August 18th 06, 04:15 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
ggslash

Default Have your say? Why bmw?

with all the the other german brands of car, why did you choose bmw?

Old August 18th 06, 04:59 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Jules

"ggslash" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> with all the the other german brands of car, why did you choose bmw?

RWD, was told of fantastic drivers car, handling too

Old August 18th 06, 06:46 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Dave Plowman (News)

In article . com>,
ggslash > wrote:
> with all the the other german brands of car, why did you choose bmw?

What has nationality got to do with it? Does anyone buy a car by where
it's made or who owns the company these days?

--
*Learn from your parents' mistakes - use birth control

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Old August 18th 06, 06:58 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Mike G

"Jules" > wrote in message
. uk...

> "ggslash" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>> with all the the other german brands of car, why did you choose bmw?
>>

> RWD, was told of fantastic drivers car, handling too

Yup. If you prefer RWD there's little other choice on a limited budget.
Of the few there are, choosing a BMW is a no-brainer.
Mike.

Old August 18th 06, 07:12 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
bmoag

I'm still wondering every time I have to touch that f***ing I-thing in the
central console.
Drives great.
Lousy cupholders.

Old August 18th 06, 07:55 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Mike G

"bmoag" > wrote in message
. com...
> I'm still wondering every time I have to touch that f***ing I-thing in the
> central console.
> Drives great.
> Lousy cupholders.

TBH I can't see their purpose. I would never drive with a cup of liquid in
them, and if you're stationary who needs them.
If they provided somewhere to put a cup that is otherwise non existant OK,
but the front holders in my E39 are hardly necessary IMO.
Mike.

Old August 18th 06, 09:31 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Jules

"Mike G" > wrote in message

> "Jules" > wrote in message
> . uk...
> >
> > "ggslash" > wrote in message
> > ups.com...
> >> with all the the other german brands of car, why did you choose bmw?
> >>

> > RWD, was told of fantastic drivers car, handling too

> Yup. If you prefer RWD there's little other choice on a limited budget.
> Of the few there are, choosing a BMW is a no-brainer.
> Mike.

All my cars have been RWD, thats a must...but then i have have much cash so
for years always had old Celicas, bags of cheap fun

Old August 19th 06, 01:59 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
ggslash

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
> In article . com>,
> ggslash > wrote:
> > with all the the other german brands of car, why did you choose bmw?

> What has nationality got to do with it? Does anyone buy a car by where
> it's made or who owns the company these days?
>
> --
> *Learn from your parents' mistakes - use birth control
>
> Dave Plowman London SW
> To e-mail, change noise into sound.

i said why out of all german cars did you choose bmw, i didnt say why
did you choose a german car, other countries produce other types of
cars, havn't you notice? german are more into the sides of richness
with leather trim wood grain, cars arnt particurly quick, arnt really
meant for speed but can, but we all know why their known mostly for. As
for other countrys they have their own style, i asked why you choose
that specific car out of germany.

Old August 19th 06, 09:26 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Dave Plowman (News)

In article .com>,
ggslash > wrote:

> Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
> > In article . com>,
> > ggslash > wrote:
> > > with all the the other german brands of car, why did you choose bmw?

> > What has nationality got to do with it? Does anyone buy a car by where
> > it's made or who owns the company these days?

> i said why out of all german cars did you choose bmw, i didnt say why
> did you choose a german car, other countries produce other types of
> cars, havn't you notice?

And there is no such thing as a 'German car type'.

> german are more into the sides of richness
> with leather trim wood grain, cars arnt particurly quick, arnt really
> meant for speed but can, but we all know why their known mostly for.

So a Jaguar doesn't have rich wood and leather trim? Or a Porsche isn't
made for speed?

> As for other countrys they have their own style, i asked why you choose
> that specific car out of germany.

I wonder why?

--
*Virtual reality is its own reward*

Old August 19th 06, 10:29 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
E Brown

On 18 Aug 2006 17:59:22 -0700, "ggslash" >
wrote:

>i said why out of all german cars did you choose bmw, i didnt say why
>did you choose a german car, other countries produce other types of
>cars, havn't you notice? german are more into the sides of richness
>with leather trim wood grain, cars arnt particurly quick, arnt really
>meant for speed but can, but we all know why their known mostly for. As
>for other countrys they have their own style, i asked why you choose
>that specific car out of germany.

Wow. I don't think the Germany on our planet is the same as the one
you're discussing.
epbrown
--
"Everybody wants a normal life and a cool car;
most people will settle for the car." Chris Titus