BBC denies rigging Top Gear Tesla Roadster car race

Old March 31st 11, 04:36 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

Default BBC denies rigging Top Gear Tesla Roadster car race

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/12907367
cuhulin

Old March 31st 11, 05:21 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

I watch them for the stupid stunts they do.Otherwise, I Literally can
not stand them at all.And it's BBC too, that makes it twice as bad.
BBC = Biassed Broad Casters.
cuhulin

Old March 31st 11, 05:46 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_]

On Wed, 30 Mar 2011 22:36:27 -0500, cuhulin wrote:

> http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/12907367 cuhulin

Car made in USA.

Car set up by Clarkson

Clarkson hates America.

Ergo...

There are 2 reasons I don't watch Top Gear. Number two is that I can't
afford very many of the cars they feature.

Can you guess the Number One reason?

Old March 31st 11, 07:08 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_]

On Wed, 30 Mar 2011 23:21:35 -0500, cuhulin wrote:

> I watch them for the stupid stunts they do.Otherwise, I Literally can not
> stand them at all.And it's BBC too, that makes it twice as bad. BBC =
> Biassed Broad Casters.
> cuhulin

I used to listen to the BBC ALL THE TIME for thier unbiased repoting. That
was about 15 years ago. Now, the spin gives me the whirlies...

Old March 31st 11, 12:25 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Tegger[_3_]

wrote in news:4487-4D93F6BB-2399@storefull-
3171.bay.webtv.net:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/12907367
> cuhulin

I'm not sure they "rigged" the test. Driven as aggressively as the Top Gear
staff drives them, ALL cars get lousy mileage.

Remember a few years ago how the Ford GT ran out of gas during Top Gear's
track test?

--
Tegger
Old March 31st 11, 01:11 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
C. E. White[_2_]

> wrote in message
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/12907367
> cuhulin

This is a ridiculous lawsuit that is most likely intended as a publicity
stunt. The show in question was aired almost 3 years ago. Clarkson drove the
Tesla like he drives everything else on the test track, wheels smoking,
sliding sideways, etc. I don't doubt that the way it was driven would suck
the batteries down at 4 or 5 times the rates expected when the car was
driven "normally."

I actually thought the segment was reasonably positive towards the car.
Given the cost, small size, limited performance, and complexity of the car,
only an idiot would buy one, so it seems to me Clarkson was the perfect
person to test it.

This is a case where I think the idiots bringing the lawsuit should have to
pay damages when they lose the lawsuit - which they will if their is any
justice. Maybe Toyota should sue Top Gear for the Prius test (where they
"proved" a Prius gets worse gas mileage than a BMW M3) and for sure several
tire companies should sue Top Gear for destrying their tires on screen.

As for Clarkson hating America - doesn't he hate almost everything? It seems
to me he routinely insults Germans, Australians, French, Italains, Liberals
of all sorts, at least half of the people of England, his co-presenters,
etc., etc., etc. I do agree he is biased against US cars, but then he keeps
testing some of them doesn't he.....My Father used to say you only needed to
worry when they didn't talk about you.

Ed

Old March 31st 11, 04:23 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

I think it was about 2 years and 7 months after Katrina when they did
that Miami to New Orleans road trip.It is like Clarkson had expected New
Orleans to have been completely rebuilt in that lenght of time since
Katrina.What if a 'Katrina' had hit an equal size city in U.K.?

I like it that some people on the Isle of Man destroyed his gate posts
and threw them over that clift and tore up his fence.
cuhulin

Old March 31st 11, 05:02 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Brent[_4_]

On 2011-03-31, > wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/12907367

A lawsuit objecting to the obvious. Electric cars can have range or
speed/acceleration but not both.