How reliable Wal-mart battery compare to Sears auto?.

Old March 17th 05, 05:59 PM
rich

"They don't need repeat customers if there are enough new ones. "

Any business counting on ONLY new customers is a business that wont be
around for very long.

Walmart has been in business long enough to prove that they work to
keep their customers coming back.

business 101

Old March 18th 05, 12:20 AM
clifto

HLS wrote:
> A long time ago I worked in TV repair. We knew which TV sets were crappo
> with respect to quality, durability, repairs. (And believe you me, there
> were some of these sets that we didn't want to see coming. Fix one thing
> and another would go bad. We couldn't win)
> CR regularly rated some of this trash very highly.

I've mentioned this same experience in various newsgroups over the years.
All the really good sets were ranked really low, all the crappy sets were
rated tops. And by "crappy" I mean both in picture quality and in
frequency and expense of repair. They did this consistently enough over
enough years that I will avoid anything CR rates in its top five unless
I have other good assurances it's not garbage.
Old March 19th 05, 01:46 PM
JP White

TCS wrote:
> I'd expect every single one of walmart's batteries to be made in china and be
> of substandard materials. I would not be surprised if case cracking and
> broken internal connections were extremely common.

My personal experience recounted elsewhere in this thread says the
opposite. Wal-Mart batteries are not ALL junk, some do last unexpectedly
long as was my experience.

JP

--
JP White

new alternator - battery light on, but still charging at 16v? [email protected] Technology 8 February 11th 05 10:38 PM
At what point is a vehicle battery charging or discharging? 12.6v ? [email protected] Technology 34 January 3rd 05 05:11 AM
battery question Jim Beaver General 14 November 6th 04 10:54 PM
Dead Battery current leak Jeremy Saturn 3 July 1st 04 07:54 PM
Replacing Corroded Battery Cables for SL1 2000 Chris Gutierrez Saturn 2 June 28th 04 03:40 AM