New Vette C6; 500hp 427cu in?

Old January 29th 05, 07:26 PM
Michael Johnson, PE

John wrote:
> "Michael Johnson, PE" > wrote in message
>
>>One thing I've learned over the years is when posting in a newsgroup make
>>sure your skin is thick. Everyone comes here to voice their opinions and
>>many times they will not be the same as yours.

> How true! What's your discipline?

Civil engineering. I keep the "PE" after my name to irritate a certain
troll that used to frequent the newsgroup. You never know when he might
be lurking or return for another round of verbal sparring.
Old January 30th 05, 02:00 AM
John

"Michael Johnson, PE" > wrote in message
> John wrote:
>> "Michael Johnson, PE" > wrote in message
>>
>>>One thing I've learned over the years is when posting in a newsgroup make
>>>sure your skin is thick. Everyone comes here to voice their opinions and
>>>many times they will not be the same as yours.

>> How true! What's your discipline?

> Civil engineering. I keep the "PE" after my name to irritate a certain
> troll that used to frequent the newsgroup. You never know when he might
> be lurking or return for another round of verbal sparring.

I'm chemical, no PE though.

--
John
ThunderSnake #59

Old January 30th 05, 06:48 PM
Michael Johnson, PE

John wrote:
> "Michael Johnson, PE" > wrote in message
>
>>John wrote:

>>>How true! What's your discipline?

>>Civil engineering. I keep the "PE" after my name to irritate a certain
>>troll that used to frequent the newsgroup. You never know when he might
>>be lurking or return for another round of verbal sparring.

> I'm chemical, no PE though.

I don't think the "PE" means as much in the other disciplines. In the
civil area it is a requirement in order to own a consulting firm. It
also makes it easier to become a partner in a firm or to advance to
higher salary levels.
Old January 31st 05, 08:34 PM
WraithCobra

Why, Thanks! I try to keep things as factual as I can. The Vette is and
always has been a fine performance car. But the Terminator Cobra is one of
the best Mustangs ever to come out of a Ford showroom. I'm not downing the
Vette in any way, just trying to show how far the Mustang has come. I think
it was Road & Track that just named the C6 the Best "All Around" sports car,
and I believe it. Although it placed 5th in the performance categories, it
gained allot of points in some subjective categories needed for that "All
Around" title. Maybe I'm a bit optimistic about the next Cobra, and I hope
the $helby news isn't it, but an IRS "Cobra" on the new Mustang platform
with 450+ horses will be hell of a performance bargain for under $40K.
--
Mike
Silver 10th Anniversary Cobra Coupe