Damned Squeaks

Old September 27th 04, 06:07 PM
Morien Morgan

Default Damned Squeaks

There sounds to be a mouse convention under the front wing. I presume it's
bushings. What lube will sort it out without damaging rubber?

Morien

Old September 28th 04, 06:23 PM
Chris D'Agnolo

Front wing?

WD-40 tends to travel and lube pretty well, it's also very safe with almost
any mat'l. Douse the suspected area.

Chris
92BB&T

Old September 28th 04, 07:05 PM
TBG

I'ts an F1 car ;-P

Old September 29th 04, 02:23 AM
Ken Lyons

"Morien Morgan" > wrote
> There sounds to be a mouse convention under the front wing. I presume it's
> bushings. What lube will sort it out without damaging rubber?

More likely the bonnet. The rubber stops can be adjusted and lithium grease
applied to silence the noises.
--
Ken Lyons '97 Brilliant Black/'90 Classic Red
Inside the Beltway

Old September 29th 04, 04:00 AM
Generic

Silicone spray is far better for this application. WD-40 dries out quickly
and leaves a gummy residue.

-John

Old October 8th 04, 09:34 PM
Roger Scow, Sr

On 2004-09-27 12:07:02 -0500, "Morien Morgan"
> said:

> There sounds to be a mouse convention under the front wing. I presume it's
> bushings. What lube will sort it out without damaging rubber?
>
> Morien

My '97 has a "damned squeak" that comes and goes... when it's there I
hear it every time I depress the clutch pedal. Is there a bushing or
something up in there that can be lubed? On trips, it goes away, comes
back after sitting in the garage for a while.

Roger

Old October 8th 04, 11:42 PM
Morien Morgan

Hi Roger,
My squeaks (which unfortunately are still alive and well despite some
liberal silicon lubrication) are definitely suspension - road imperfections
set them off. Yours would seem to me to be clutch release bearing. The
bearing cannot be lubed only replaced (in terms of labour this is a clutch
replacement). On the happy side I've had cars with a noisy release bearing
that I've lived with for tens of thousands of miles before giving in and
doing the job.
All the best
Morien

Old October 10th 04, 12:30 AM
Expmiata

I once had an unrelenting squeak every time I just drove the car....pronounced
more so on uneven pavement. Turned out to be the hood latch. By loosening the
bolt and then retightening it, the squeak went away.

We found this out by driving VERY slowly with my husband jogging along hold
pressure on the hood. We only had to drive a few yards and with NO cars
around. Don't try this at any fast speed! ;-)
~Cissy :-)
Old October 12th 04, 03:24 PM
Frank Sawin

Lefty:
I would have paid big money to have seen that trick. Dick must be in great
shape.
Righty
Old October 13th 04, 08:07 PM
Expmiata

>Lefty:
>I would have paid big money to have seen that trick. Dick must be in great
>shape.
>Righty

Ha Ha Ha!!! Hiya Righty! :-D

~Cissy :-)

Squeaks! [email protected] BMW 2 December 12th 04 01:41 AM
01 Grand Caravan squeaks Gary Kubat Dodge 6 August 3rd 04 03:07 AM
Seat squeaks in Ion Warren Saturn 2 May 21st 04 01:15 AM