Flatout Demo Available

Old November 4th 04, 12:50 AM
Kyle Roberts

Default Flatout Demo Available

Latest from the developers of Rally Trophy. Downloading it now.

http://www.avault.com/pcrl/demo_temp.asp?game=flatout

Kyle

Old November 4th 04, 01:24 AM
Destroy

Kyle Roberts wrote:

> Latest from the developers of Rally Trophy. Downloading it now.
>
> http://www.avault.com/pcrl/demo_temp.asp?game=flatout

All I gotta say is:

WOW!!!

Most arcade fun I've had in a looooooooong time!!! And actually car
handling and physics isn't THAT bad. Better than most; on par with Race
Driver 2 I'd say.

But the damage model is incredible!!

Word is there will be a sim mode in the final too.

This game is gonna be a must buy IMO.

Old November 4th 04, 02:54 AM
Kyle Roberts

"Destroy" > wrote in message

> Kyle Roberts wrote:
>
> > Latest from the developers of Rally Trophy. Downloading it now.
> >
> > http://www.avault.com/pcrl/demo_temp.asp?game=flatout

> All I gotta say is:
>
> WOW!!!
>
> Most arcade fun I've had in a looooooooong time!!! And actually car
> handling and physics isn't THAT bad. Better than most; on par with Race
> Driver 2 I'd say.
>
> But the damage model is incredible!!
>
> Word is there will be a sim mode in the final too.
>
> This game is gonna be a must buy IMO.

I'm not as impressed. First, the demo doesn't work with multiple
controllers. No dice with my Logitech wheel and ACT Labs pedals. I just used
buttons on my wheel for brake and throttle, which probably didn't make a
huge diffence since there is some kind of throttle/brake assist going on in
the demo that is annoying. The camera in the behind the car views is also a
little slow when taking corners and jerks a bit.

I thought the courses could have been a little more imaginative. The damage
and physics model screams for a track with a crossover intersection or two.
The demo just didn't grab me. Sort of boring I thought. They need to dig up
a copy of the original Destruction Derby for a few pointers.

Kyle

Old November 4th 04, 04:17 AM
Destroy

> I thought the courses could have been a little more imaginative. The damage
> and physics model screams for a track with a crossover intersection or two.
> The demo just didn't grab me. Sort of boring I thought. They need to dig up
> a copy of the original Destruction Derby for a few pointers.

Full version has 'sim mode' without the throttle aid, figure 8, ragdoll
bowling and demo derby course FWIW.

Old November 4th 04, 05:45 AM
Lou

"Kyle Roberts" > wrote in message
m...
> Latest from the developers of Rally Trophy. Downloading it now.
>
> http://www.avault.com/pcrl/demo_temp.asp?game=flatout
>
> Kyle

ROTFLMAO! First time I crashed and saw the driver go flying and yelling
AHHH! Too bad there is no incar view just a front bumper like view.
Great arcade fun for a change.

Lou

Old November 4th 04, 09:27 AM
Jussi Koukku

On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 21:45:33 -0800, "Lou" > wrote
something like:

>ROTFLMAO! First time I crashed and saw the driver go flying and yelling
>AHHH! Too bad there is no incar view just a front bumper like view.

Hehe... imagine using the driver's view and flying through the
windshield =)

>Great arcade fun for a change.

Amen
--
- Jussi Koukku -
Old November 4th 04, 04:02 PM
bob

Spoken like a true ******

Old November 4th 04, 05:02 PM
Asgeir Nesoen

I am still amazed at the poor design of input assignment of modern day
racing games. How much extra work would you need to put into a project
to cover *all* joystick/wheel/pedal setups??? My guess is less than
0.01% of the total development time.

I tried CMR4 the other day, but were immediately put off by the sucky
input setup screens. If a game developement house cannot make an input
setup for my custom setup, they are not up to the task of making a
racing sim worthy of my costly time.

How hard can it be????

---Asgeir---

Kyle Roberts wrote:

<snipped>

Old November 4th 04, 05:04 PM
bob

Why dont you take the pinecone out of your ass and make one yourself

Old November 5th 04, 02:25 PM
Asgeir Nesoen

Lol! Excellent joke. You're suspiciously good at pretending to be the
sore-arsed, bitter type.

---A---