GTR English version

Old November 3rd 04, 07:32 PM
Andi Cole

Default GTR English version

Those of us (outside of Germany) that have forked out the DM's for the
German GTR should start pushing SimBin (or any other company involved in
GTR) for a language upgrade to be made available when worldwide release is
made. I think this would be a nice gesture to those of us helping them out
by providing cash up front.

Andi.

--

Remove only one zero to reply

Old November 3rd 04, 08:16 PM
Simracer

Good idea Andi, but I doubt it will happen.
I too have ordered GTR from Germany, but I'm confident that the language can
be changed using some files from the demo.
Game.dic for instance, contains most of the menu text etc.
Not sure about pit radio speech, but I'm sure someone can hack into it.

Old November 3rd 04, 08:57 PM
ad

"Simracer" > schreef in bericht
. uk...

> Good idea Andi, but I doubt it will happen.
> I too have ordered GTR from Germany, but I'm confident that the language

can
> be changed using some files from the demo.
> Game.dic for instance, contains most of the menu text etc.
> Not sure about pit radio speech, but I'm sure someone can hack into it.
>
> please let us now if its works or not.

tia Ad

Old November 4th 04, 02:12 PM
Michael Ziegler

ad schrieb:
> "Simracer" > schreef in bericht
> . uk...
>
>>Good idea Andi, but I doubt it will happen.
>>I too have ordered GTR from Germany, but I'm confident that the language

> can
>
>>be changed using some files from the demo.
>>Game.dic for instance, contains most of the menu text etc.
>>Not sure about pit radio speech, but I'm sure someone can hack into it.
>>
>>please let us now if its works or not.

> tia Ad

I got it today. While installing it, yoo can´t select a language. It
installs in german.
Old November 4th 04, 05:27 PM
Simracer

English translation of GTR already done!
See he

http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=184302

Andy_G

Old November 5th 04, 03:00 AM
Destroy

Simracer wrote:

> English translation of GTR already done!
> See he
>
> http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=184302

Amazing!!! Game not even out for a week and already a German to English
mod is out. I hear audio is still German however but give it another
week....

Old November 5th 04, 07:15 AM
Jussi Koukku

On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 03:00:46 GMT, Destroy > wrote
something like:

>Simracer wrote:
>
>> English translation of GTR already done!
>> See he
>>
>> http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=184302

>Amazing!!! Game not even out for a week and already a German to English
>mod is out. I hear audio is still German however but give it another
>week....

And now the thread is gone, from both RSC and GTR official forums.
Something about not allowing illegal modifications made and/or
distributed... :/
--
- Jussi Koukku -
Old November 5th 04, 03:23 PM
Mark

Jussi Koukku > wrote in message >. ..

> And now the thread is gone, from both RSC and GTR official forums.
> Something about not allowing illegal modifications made and/or
> distributed... :/

"Illegal" mod?!?! GTR would not exist were it not for modding!!

How's that for irony.

Mark
at v8thunder dot com
Old November 5th 04, 04:53 PM
Andi Cole

I think the message said somethong about the English mod being included in
the guys GTR Manager software.

Andi.

--

Remove only one zero to reply

om...

Old November 5th 04, 05:28 PM
Simracer

"Andi Cole" > wrote in message
>I think the message said somethong about the English mod being included in
> the guys GTR Manager software.
>
> Andi.

Yes you are right Andi,
the thread at RSC has been reinstated now, but in case it disappears
again,the guy whos making it is called Skypat
and his website is
http://www.adonf-fr.com/
( mostly in french but not hard to navigate)
It's not released yet but he says it will be very soon.