Jeep Died....Help

Old December 17th 04, 05:36 PM
RS

Default Jeep Died....Help

While coming home from work today, my 97 Jeep Wrangler just died. There was
no prior warning of anything. I filled up the gas on the way home but
still, instantaneous death? Anyway, anybody that has troubleshot
(troubleshooted?) something like this before, I appreciate your help. My
standard logic is its gotta be gas, air, or electric. Oh, by the way, it
will still crank like hell, just won't even try to start. Thanks in advance
for any help................

Old December 17th 04, 06:25 PM
JimG

Crank position sensor maybe:
http://www.off-road.com/jeep/cheroke...tdcsensor.html

--
JimG
80' CJ-7 258 CID, HEI

00' TJ Sport 4.0L, 5sp
4.56 Gears, TrueTrac rear
33" BFG AT on 15x8 Eagle Alloys
D35 Rear, D30 Front. 3" Suspension Lift

Old December 17th 04, 06:35 PM
Mike Romain

Always the first guess on those engines is the CPS. You can just clean
or even reseat the plug usually and be good to go again. The plug for
it is near the back of the engine on top of the manifold. It is located
on the bell housing in behind there.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old December 17th 04, 07:58 PM
RS

I found my problem. I installed a Ford Taurus fan awhile back and the relay
died causing fuse 11 to burn out. This is the fuse labeled for the Power
Distribution Center. Anyway, I jerry rigged it back into operation using
the spare relay that was connected to the A/C. My question now is what's a
reliable relay that I can use? The ones i'm using are for 73? Ford F-350
ignition I think. I was following online directions. I want something good
to keep from looking like a dumb*ss on the side of the road again for
awhile. Any suggestions?

. ..

Old December 17th 04, 08:14 PM
Patrick

CPS, was there change and vroom....

. ..

Old December 17th 04, 08:49 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Ditto.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old December 17th 04, 09:08 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

"Jerry Rigged" I like that:
http://www.wsu.edu:8080/~brians/errors/jerry.html
I would take the fans relay out of line, hooking it directly to the
battery at the first cable junction, and just trigger if via the
ignition switch. Otherwise you're asking for a fire, as the harness is
is designed to just run the amperage needed and no more.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/