Where are the 330 servers?

Old November 1st 04, 04:30 PM
Tiny Lund

Default Where are the 330 servers?

Sad not to see anyone on Sierra or F1RST running a 330 server. If anyone
serves up a race how about posting here? The AI are getting predictable.

Old November 1st 04, 04:41 PM
Glenn

Take a look here http://isrl-racing.de over 30 drivers registered

Old November 3rd 04, 03:51 AM
Greg Campbell

Tiny Lund wrote:

> Sad not to see anyone on Sierra or F1RST running a 330 server. If anyone
> serves up a race how about posting here? The AI are getting predictable.

Join a league!

http://didnt.doit.wisc.edu/iicc/

-Greg
Old November 3rd 04, 10:59 PM
Tiny Lund

I think you are right Dave. I can access multiplayer with the Nascar exe but
no races. When I use the 330 exe I get a version error. Funny thing is I
get 6 gears using the Nascar exe and only 5 using the 330 exe?
Is that the Le Mans from Sports Car GT? I always liked that track. I
think F1RST should have no trouble adding 330 support but there has really
been few racing Nascar and its' mods there anyway.

. 97.136...

Old November 3rd 04, 11:24 PM
Dave Henrie

"Tiny Lund" > wrote in
:

> I think you are right Dave. I can access multiplayer with the Nascar
> exe but no races. When I use the 330 exe I get a version error. Funny
> thing is I get 6 gears using the Nascar exe and only 5 using the 330
> exe?
> Is that the Le Mans from Sports Car GT? I always liked that
> track. I
> think F1RST should have no trouble adding 330 support but there has
> really been few racing Nascar and its' mods there anyway.

The old lemans I was referring to is originally from GPL and is the 1967
version without the Mulsanne chicanes and without the Porche curves.
Really throws a loop at you when the old brain remembers a turn that isn't
there.
It's probably available for dload from the uspits.com Dave Noonan built it
for GPL and then converted it to the Nr2k3 format years later.
online with 6 gears threw me the first time too. What you are seeing is
not the 330 mod but the Road Racing physics. So instead of a 5 speed 500hp
(or whatever the 330p4 had) you are getting the 700+hp and 6 gears from the
TA or TPTCC mods. Grip & everything reverts to the Sierra standards.
fire an email to f1dude and maybe he'll add 330 to first2.

dh

Old November 3rd 04, 11:49 PM
Tiny Lund

He He Dave they were pretty damn fun at 700 hp too! I did in fact email
F1RST and request support a few days ago. I'll head to the pits or track
data base now for Le Mans. Thanks

Old November 8th 04, 06:01 PM
Peter Burke

> I don't think the 330 mod can be raced via Sierra. Since it uses a
> hacked .exe for it's physic changes, it cannot pass the Sierra
> scrutineering. Your only hope is find one of several leagues and join in
> via ip numbers. I must say...using the 330 and David Noonan's old version
> of Le Mans is the coolest. There is a problem with that track tho, the
> walls merest touch can blow an engine. Fortunately, in the uspits forums,
> there is a track ini file replacement that corrects this issue.
>
> dave henrie

You are correct. The 330 mod is actually the "pta mod" with a custom exe.
custom exe's are not possible on Sierra. But then why bother with Sierra
anyway?

Most serious leagues run a dedicated server, apart from Sierra, so 330 mod
or any other physics mod that requires custom exe files are ok. The upcoming
Team Redline GTP mod for example will require a dedicated server outside of
Sierra as well.

So, to repeat what Greg posted - want to race 330s online -
http://didnt.doit.wisc.edu/iicc

Just one of soon many leagues, I suppose. Our first 330 race is on Saturday,
the last one on Jan 1st for the 1000km at the Nuerburgring.

Peter

Old November 9th 04, 01:34 AM
Tiny Lund

I am still hoping to see it on F1RST at some point. I hate to join a league
that would have me as a member.

Old November 10th 04, 12:26 AM
EldredP

In article >, "Tiny Lund"
> writes:

>I am still hoping to see it on F1RST at some point. I hate to join a league
>that would have me as a member.

Ok, Groucho.<g>

Eldred
--