97 Explorer Yet Another Stuck On Heat

Old November 3rd 06, 02:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
JD

Default 97 Explorer Yet Another Stuck On Heat

The heater blows hot in any position, heat..AC...vent...defrost...etc.
When I dropped the glove box door and reached in I felt wires at the
back of the temp gauge. Is this control a rheostat that controls a
water valve or door? Or is this the blend door problem that I've seen
a couple of posts on? My MAX AC door vacuum solenoid has been broke
for quite some time and I've been getting along without it. I'll
Google it but I thought maybe someone here might offer some advice
before I tackle it this weekend. It's a 97 XLT 6 cyl. w/AC. I still
luv my cherry Explorer but lately its been nickel and diming me to
death with all the plastic parts around the engine breaking.

Thanks in advance....
JustaDawg
Old November 3rd 06, 07:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Captain Coleman

Sounds like the infamous blend door problem.

See the website: http://www.blenddoorfix.netfirms.com/

Old November 4th 06, 12:28 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
JD

On Fri, 3 Nov 2006 13:56:59 -0600, "Captain Coleman"
> wrote:

>Sounds like the infamous blend door problem.
>
>See the website: http://www.blenddoorfix.netfirms.com/

Excellent! Thank you! I'll check mine out this weekend and see if
this applies. I'm in AZ and it was 87 today so my 25 mile drive home
from work was a little toasty.
Old November 9th 06, 01:02 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
MoonDogii

"JD" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 3 Nov 2006 13:56:59 -0600, "Captain Coleman"
> > wrote:
>
>>Sounds like the infamous blend door problem.
>>
>>See the website: http://www.blenddoorfix.netfirms.com/

> Excellent! Thank you! I'll check mine out this weekend and see if
> this applies. I'm in AZ and it was 87 today so my 25 mile drive home
> from work was a little toasty.

Just to let you know, I had found the cure for this problem in this group.
I had put off doing it for a while, but when I did it - took less than 45
minutes to effect the repair.
The trick - have the right tools - follow the directions.
I owe this group.

Good luck,
MoonDogii