Keyless Remote

Old April 6th 11, 05:27 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Squeaky Knees

Default Keyless Remote

Just purchased a 2008 Town & Country. It came with only one keyless remote
(fobik) and I'm thinking of ordering one online for the dealer to program.
Has anyone purchased one online and if so was it as advertised and did it
work properly. I'm thinking of ordering from "Keyless-Remotes.com.
Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,
Squeaky Knees

Old April 6th 11, 06:15 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
hls

I have never ordered a fob online, but a lot of people around here
have done so, and it has been a subject of much discussion in the
past.

Some people got them to work quite easily.

Others didnt, and were very frustrated when nothing seemed to work.

We did, however, buy a Ford key and fob from a local locksmith, and he
worked for a couple of hours on it. He had the expensive computer
used to do this installation.

The key worked, the key never did. He suggested that my sister take it to
the dealership and see if they could do anything with it. Frustrated, I
dont think she ever did it.

You pay your money, you take your chances.

Old April 6th 11, 06:20 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
hls

"hls" > wrote in message >
> The key worked, the key never did.

My bad...key worked, fob never did..
Old April 6th 11, 10:37 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

If you have a smart phone, I think there is an App for smart phones that
will let you lock and unlock the doors and also work the ignition with
your smart phone.I don't have a smart phone or a cell phone either.
cuhulin

Old April 6th 11, 11:39 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
hls

> wrote in message
> If you have a smart phone, I think there is an App for smart phones that
> will let you lock and unlock the doors and also work the ignition with
> your smart phone.I don't have a smart phone or a cell phone either.
> cuhulin

Cujo,
Some of that smart phone business is urban legend; aka, scam.
Let the buyer beware.

By the way, my mower deck has worn slap out.. Any clues where I
can buy a new one??

Old April 7th 11, 01:57 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

My old 20'' lawn mower.Last Friday when I was mowing my yard, the handle
pulled off from the mower frame near the left rear wheel, and the left
rear wheel, that part of the mower frame is rusted so badly the wheel
was almost ready to fall off.A guy who lives behind my house, he has a
back yard full of junk.He handed me an old junk lawn mower, but the
frame is still in good condition.When I started working on removing the
engine from my old lawn mower, all three of the bolt heads broke off.I
can make a steel patch for my old lawn mower frame and drill out the
broken bolt studs from my engine and get it working ok again, I might do
that someday.But in a couple of days I am going to the Walmart store and
buy a new 20'' lawn mower for $125.00.
cuhulin

Old April 7th 11, 02:17 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
hls

Mine is a 38 inch mower deck... Tractor and deck cost me roughly one
K.

I just need to replace the deck.

Old April 7th 11, 03:50 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

Check with some lawn mower repair places in your area, one of them might
have a junk good mower deck sitting around.I have seen them in scrap
iron yards too.
cuhulin

Old April 7th 11, 08:36 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
hls

> wrote in message
> Check with some lawn mower repair places in your area, one of them might
> have a junk good mower deck sitting around.I have seen them in scrap
> iron yards too.
> cuhulin

I'll do that.. Got the price on the new "shell" for the deck and it is
ca $300. I can get a complete new tractor and deck for $1k.
And a goat might be even cheaper.

keyless Remote? D&LBusch Dodge 2 November 7th 07 08:26 PM
Keyless entry remote battery [email protected] Audi 3 December 14th 05 07:11 AM
Acura keyless remote Nick Honda 0 November 25th 05 09:56 PM
Programming XJ Keyless Remote M. E. Bye Jeep 7 March 23rd 05 09:26 PM
Program keyless remote Peter Dodge 4 February 11th 05 05:45 PM