Hardtop removal, storage, installation photos

Old April 12th 06, 04:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default Hardtop removal, storage, installation photos

For those interested in an easy way to remove, install or store you Wrangler
hardtop, check out these photos and description.

http://www.tmar.net/shelf.htm

Tom

Old April 12th 06, 04:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

"mabar" > wrote in message
: For those interested in an easy way to remove, install or store you
Wrangler
: hardtop, check out these photos and description.
:
: http://www.tmar.net/shelf.htm
:
: Tom
:

Tom, it looks like such a simple solution!
And easy too.

Ours has morphed into a living entity.
When It is completed, I will tell the whole ugly story.
That reminds me, i need to go snap a couple more photos.

Like your site by teh way. I have the throttle return spring, it reminded me
that I need to get it mounted!

Kate

Old April 12th 06, 05:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

My shelf sits on two extra large saw horses, with about the same
measurements as yours. Maybe I'm lazier than you are, but I made it level
with the back of the Jeep. That way I just slide the hard top off and on.

This reminds me. It's about that time, isn't it?

Earle

Old April 12th 06, 11:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Thanks Kate. The site is always under construction and is definitely a "work
in progress."

Tom

Old April 12th 06, 11:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Yep, just put my soft-top on today.

Tom

om...

Old April 13th 06, 02:34 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

One of the best mods I've done:
http://7slotgrille.com/tech/handthrottle/index.html
or:
http://www.4x4xplor.com/handthrottle.html

--
JimG
80' CJ-7 258 CID, HEI

00' TJ Sport 4.0L, 5sp
4.56 Gears, TrueTrac rear
33" BFG AT on 15x8 Eagle Alloys
D35 Rear, D30 Front. 3" Suspension Lift
Warn X8000i

Old April 13th 06, 07:16 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Give his fog lamp mod a try too, Kate. I did mine last week and it
works great. Excellent if you run off-road at night and want serious
illumination.

Just don't let Smokie catch ya running both at the same time...heh.

Old April 13th 06, 12:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

In Ohio, it is legal to run both at the same time. Just be sure to dim your
brights for oncoming drivers.

Tom

oups.com...

Old April 13th 06, 01:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

I was looking at it JD, thought I would give it a go.
Here it's ok to run whatever you want to, you don't even have to keep the
covers on your upper/offroad lights.
Not that I have any right now, OR that I would ever run them on the highway
but it was nice to know that if I wanted them uncovered I could do it.

oups.com...

Old April 13th 06, 05:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Doesn't it do your heart good when you find the favorite food of the Spotted
Owl is the Snail Darter?

oups.com...