Excessively "jiggly/jumpy" cockpit view in GTR

Old June 15th 05, 03:28 AM
V \fnugen\

Default Excessively "jiggly/jumpy" cockpit view in GTR

I just got GTR. I have patched it, reinstalled without the patch,
repatched it......and I get the same thing every time. I get it so when
in cockpit view......it jiggles and jumps like crazy. I have set all my
world settings to zero and get the same thing. ANy other view is rock
solid......very annoying as I use the cockpit view almost exclusively
and it gets to be TOO much trying to run more than a few laps. I posted
at RSC GTR forum and so far no responses. I hope somebody here can help.
Thanks

Old June 15th 05, 04:06 AM
Mitch_A

Dont the bumps come from the track Meybe we can get humpy over here and
do a bit of grinding for ya

IMO GTR has the bumps modeled correctly and is much more realistic than a
nearly smooth track and like some "older" racing games.

It takes some time to get accustomed to the head movement but once you do it
becomes nearly as important to the "feel" of GTR as sound is. Matter of
fact I dont even notice it anymore and I have it maxed.

Mitch

.. .

Old June 15th 05, 04:32 AM
V \fnugen\

I know what you're saying. But with all my world movements set to 0,
should there be exactly that much movement?? zero ? It gives the same
amount of jitter movement at any setting I give it. There's touches of
realism and there are glitches, this seems to me to be a glitch. The
funny thing though.....at standstill it is motionless, but if I so much
as breathe on the gas, it starts jumping.....even though I may only be
doing 5KPH. Not right IMO. So this is what I am looking to find out. If
somebody else has noticed this. I really hope in the end it is head
movement, but I am thinking it might be something else. A friend of mine
had zero movement with settings at zero. Between the 2 of us, we can't
get it to stop. Thanks

Old June 15th 05, 03:31 PM
Byron Forbes

Welcome to GiTteR.

.. .

Old June 15th 05, 06:48 PM
V \fnugen\

V "fnugen" wrote:
> I just got GTR. I have patched it, reinstalled without the patch,
> repatched it......and I get the same thing every time. I get it so when
> in cockpit view......it jiggles and jumps like crazy. I have set all my
> world settings to zero and get the same thing. ANy other view is rock
> solid......very annoying as I use the cockpit view almost exclusively
> and it gets to be TOO much trying to run more than a few laps. I posted
> at RSC GTR forum and so far no responses. I hope somebody here can help.
> Thanks

Got it working now. Had to edit the TrackIR settings in player.cfg file.
I don't even HAVE a trackIR.......go figure. All good now. thanks

Old June 15th 05, 07:53 PM

Byron Forbes wrote:
> Welcome to GiTteR.

Jeez - give it up, will ya? Why do people need to slag thier least
favorite sim at any given opportunity?

GTR is flawed, NR2k3 is flawed, GPL (oh heresy!) is flawed - get over
it .

Kendt

Old June 15th 05, 08:27 PM
Ashley McConnell

> GTR is flawed, NR2k3 is flawed, GPL (oh heresy!) is flawed - get over
> it .
>
> Kendt

Burn him he's a witch!!!

All the best,
Ash

--
http://www.siroccoracing.com

Old June 16th 05, 07:15 AM
Byron Forbes

" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> Byron Forbes wrote:
>> Welcome to GiTteR.
>>

> Jeez - give it up, will ya? Why do people need to slag thier least
> favorite sim at any given opportunity?
>
> GTR is flawed, NR2k3 is flawed, GPL (oh heresy!) is flawed - get over
> it .
>
> Kendt

That wasn't neccessarily a slag - just one of the funniest jokes ever
told really.

GTR stinks worse than sloppy dog**** - there, there's some slagging!
Though that's pretty funny too really isn't it - hehehehehehe.

Old June 16th 05, 10:50 AM
ZZ

On 15 Jun 2005 12:27:46 -0700, Ashley McConnell wrote:

>> Burn him he's a witch!!!
>>
>> All the best,
>> Ash

>but how do you know he's a witch? ;-)
>
>uwe

-----------------

He turned GPL into a newt

But it got better.

--
Richard "ZZ" Busch

GTRank

Member:
Screamers Racing League
oAo
AoA
MARA GTR
GT Rank +34.560
NGT Rank +37.765
GT Rank Monster +1163.777
GPL Rank + 14.768
MoGPL Rank + 308.654
N2003 Rank -18.8060
----------------
Remember racecar is racecar spelled backward
Old June 16th 05, 03:53 PM
whooo

Ashley McConnell wrote:
>>GTR is flawed, NR2k3 is flawed, GPL (oh heresy!) is flawed - get over
>>it .
>>
>>Kendt

> Burn him he's a witch!!!
>
> All the best,