So what should be the penalty for speeding?

Old January 7th 05, 09:54 PM
Furious George

Laura Bush murdered her boy friend wrote:
> Considering that these terrorists kill and maim innocent americans
> every day on the highways, i think anyone caught doing 20 mph or more
> over the limit should do ten years in the can and never be allowed to
> drive again.
>
> LETS STOP BEING CRIMINAL CODDLERS.

$100 per MPH under the speed limit (unless you have a real good excuse
for your sloth). In your case ten years in the can would be a cruel
and unusual punishment (to the other prisoners).

Old January 7th 05, 10:46 PM

at wrote on 1/7/05 12:50 PM:

> > Laura Bush murdered her boy friend wrote:
> >> Considering that these terrorists kill and maim innocent americans
> >> every day on the highways, i think anyone caught doing 20 mph or

more
> >> over the limit should do ten years in the can and never be allowed

> >> drive again.

> > Fine them and points against license, like what we do now. Speeders
> > haven't killed anyone; some people who may have been speeding and

who
> > then cause an accident might have killed someone, but nearly all

people
> > speed at some point and never kill anyone, so your characterization

is
> > incorrect.

> "Speeders haven't killed anyone;".
>
> Proposal for goofyest statement of 2005. Especially since Mr. Flynn
> goes on to contradict himself later **in the same sentence**.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Candidate above for most clueless reply of 2005!

Helpful clues supplied below:

Bill:
1) It's "goofiest."
2) It's not the next sentence; the semicolon doesn't complete a
sentence, but continues the same one.
3) It doesn't contradict. Read it again. Speeding doesn't kill anyone.
It's the sudden colliding and/or stopping that does that. My point is
that almost everyone speeds and is therefore a speeder, and they've
never killed anyone and likely never will. The OP was proposing to
treat speeders as though they already had killed someone. There is a
difference in what we call "logic" between speeders and in "all
speeders," and "some speeders." While some speeders have killed people
in traffic accidents, most speeders have not (if in fact you grant me
that most everyone from time to time is a speeder).
That was the distinction I was drawing.

Old January 7th 05, 10:46 PM

Old January 7th 05, 11:11 PM
Nate Nagel

Laura Bush murdered her boy friend wrote:

> Considering that these terrorists kill and maim innocent americans
> every day on the highways, i think anyone caught doing 20 mph or more
> over the limit should do ten years in the can and never be allowed to
> drive again.
>
> LETS STOP BEING CRIMINAL CODDLERS.

There shouldn't be any penalty at all for speeding, only reckless
driving. If we abolished all speed limits and expected a little more
responsibility from our drivers, we might actually make the roads safer.

nate

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel
Old January 7th 05, 11:11 PM
Nate Nagel

Old January 7th 05, 11:12 PM
Max

Laura Bush murdered her boy friend a écrit :
> Considering that these terrorists kill and maim innocent americans
> every day on the highways, i think anyone caught doing 20 mph or more
> over the limit should do ten years in the can and never be allowed to
> drive again.
>
> LETS STOP BEING CRIMINAL CODDLERS.

I liked Montana's old idea. 5$ "Waste of a Natural Resource" no-points
ticket if you were speeding *BUT* not driving dangerously fast.

Because, that was entirely the idea behind the 55mph speed limit, and
there is no reason that you should be heavily penalized (or penalized at
all IMO) for driving at a safe speed that may be "fast".

--
----------------------
http://www.saab-900.tk
Old January 7th 05, 11:12 PM
Max

Old January 7th 05, 11:24 PM
Paul

> wrote in message
oups.com...

<judy's crap sent to a hazardous waste facility>

> Fine them and points against license, like what we do now. Speeders
> haven't killed anyone; some people who may have been speeding and who
> then cause an accident might have killed someone, but nearly all

people
> speed at some point and never kill anyone, so your characterization is
> incorrect.

Dude, you are trying to reason with a troll, an idiot and the stupidest
person ever to walk the face of the earth. Give it up, trying to have a
civil discussion with that loser is like trying to stop a freight train
with a sheet of paper: it ain't gonna happen. Our only hope is that
"Laura Bush murdered her boyfriend/aunt millie/Pride of America," or
just plain "judy diahrrea," gets what she wishes for and it is the first
one to get nailed....

--
Paul

"> Have you ever driven a car faster than the legal speed limit?

Yes, but never deliberately. In fact i got a speeding ticket about 5
years ago for doing 41 in a 25. I just about kicked the cops teeth in
cause i was sure he was lying. No way the SL on this wide open
stretch could be 25, i thought."

Pride of America, a.k.a. "Laura Bush murdered her boyfriend,"
10/3/2002
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...g .google.com

Old January 7th 05, 11:24 PM
Paul

Old January 7th 05, 11:50 PM
John David Galt

william lynch wrote:
> "Speeders haven't killed anyone;".
>
> Proposal for goofyest statement of 2005.

Not at all. He's merely reporting the true fact that, if anyone gets
hurt, then laws a lot more serious than speeding were being broken,
and those laws are all we need for proper safety. Speeding per se is
a victimless crime.

A good penalty for _enforcing_ speeding laws would be 20 years.