Rear Wiper not working 0n 00 Explorer

Old November 20th 06, 09:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Eddie Collins

Default Rear Wiper not working 0n 00 Explorer

Rear window wiper not worling on 00 explorer
Checked fuses they are ok,, Might be a realy i guess

Old November 20th 06, 09:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Mike Palastanga

i have similar issue on UK98. Where are the relays?? or which relay is
which? thought they were in the main fuse box, but when it used to work, i
was convinced i could hear it working somewhere behind the dash????
PS was previously working intermittently. Am aware of the trick with this.
think its now either competely worn out gears or is electrical dont really
want to take rear door apart if ishould be looking behind the dash or for
the relay.

Old November 20th 06, 10:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Simon H

"Mike Palastanga" > wrote in message
>i have similar issue on UK98. Where are the relays?? or which relay is
>which? thought they were in the main fuse box, but when it used to work, i
>was convinced i could hear it working somewhere behind the dash????
> PS was previously working intermittently. Am aware of the trick with this.
> think its now either competely worn out gears or is electrical dont really
> want to take rear door apart if ishould be looking behind the dash or for
> the relay.
> "Eddie Collins" > wrote in message
>> Rear window wiper not worling on 00 explorer
>> Checked fuses they are ok,, Might be a realy i guess

It's a common problem caused by the wiper motor's contacts getting crudded
up due to a combination of poor design and lack of use.
With the truck running switch on the rear wiper, get out and give the wiper
arm a good shake from side to side like you are trying to work it manually.
If the fuses are OK it will start to work.

Simon H

Old November 21st 06, 12:44 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
mab6680

i have the same problem with my 2000. first turn the switch on and go to
the back and feel the arm. you should be able to feel the motor trying to
move the arm. if thats the problem. just pull the arm away from the window
and lightly push the arm down. it should start to work again. i have
changed the motor twice with the same problem each time. i'll get like two
or three months of operation before i have to push on the wiper again. as
far as the relay. i know the front and rear window washer relays are in
the relay box behind the right headlight next to the air filter box. check
in there for the relay

Old November 21st 06, 01:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Big Shoe

I had this problem on my '99 and finally decided it was caused by
mis-adjustment of the arm. The arm went down into a bracket that
supported it when it was not on the glass. If the arm was not
adjusted properly, it would go down in the bracket but the motor did
not reach the point where it shut off properly. I solved the problem
on mine by carefully adjusting the arm so that it did not fully bottom
out in the bracket.

Old November 21st 06, 04:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Dave[_5_]

Big Shoe wrote:
> I had this problem on my '99 and finally decided it was caused by
> mis-adjustment of the arm. The arm went down into a bracket that
> supported it when it was not on the glass. If the arm was not
> adjusted properly, it would go down in the bracket but the motor did
> not reach the point where it shut off properly. I solved the problem
> on mine by carefully adjusting the arm so that it did not fully bottom
> out in the bracket.

How did you 'adjust' it?

--
Diving is life! The rest is just details.
W.W.W.I.
Old November 21st 06, 04:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Eddie Collins

Thanks for the advice it worked
Eddie
lkaboutautos.com...

Old November 22nd 06, 01:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Big Shoe

Lift the plastic cover, then loosen the nut holding the arm to the
shaft and then you can rotate the arm wherever you want it.

headlights on all day Kriznaft BMW 81 October 28th 06 07:01 PM
headlights on all day Daniel J. Stern Driving 48 October 28th 06 07:01 PM
rear end question - 1995-2001 Explorer - 8.8 pbarton Ford Explorer 0 March 18th 06 01:44 AM
Rear Windshield Wiper Problem John Ahnen Ford Explorer 12 February 23rd 05 04:52 PM
How to replace a Mk4 Golf Rear Wiper Arm Mike NG VW water cooled 9 January 31st 05 05:58 AM