Pig driving recklessly this evening...

Old March 26th 05, 05:59 AM
Cory Dunkle

Default Pig driving recklessly this evening...

While headed home today I pulled up behind a cop stopped at a red light. We
were both turning left. The protected left turned green and we turned. He
proceeded to tailgate the guy ahead of him, doing the standard cop behavior
or riding nearly up to touching the guys car and tapping on his brakes a
bit, then accelerating and repeating. The guy ahead of the cop then turned
right. The cop stayed right on his bumper until he completed his turn,
despite the fact that there was no oncoming traffic on the other side of the
road and plenty of room to go around the guy who was turning right. The cop
then proceeded to accelerate at a high rate up to ~45 MPH (25 MPH
residential zone). I decided to follow him and see what was so important
that he be driving so recklessly.
He did not at any time use his lights or siren. The cop then approached
another car and proceeded to do the same tailgating routine as he did to the
previous car after making his left.
Cop came to a traffic light and got in the protected left turn lane. I got
in the lane behind him. While waiting for teh light I got out my notepad and
pen and wrote down the license plate, time, day, roads, and actions I
observed. I believe the cop noticed me, judging from his reaction as he
looked at me through his mirror.
In any case, the light changed and I followed him some more. He drove more
normally after making his left. Driving at about 30-35 MPH (typical speed
for this particular road which is psoted at 25 MPH. I followed at a good
distance. As we went along he slowed down to 25-30 MPH. Then as he was
approaching a traffic light that changed yellow a good distance ahead of him
he accelerated and the light turned red while he was in the intersection
(not illegal in NJ), however he had plenty of room to stop comfortably when
the light changed to yellow.

I see this type of reckless driving all the time. Cops seem to be some of
the worst drivers here in NJ. When I travel I've not noticed cops driving so
recklessly as I regularly observe here. I don't know if that's indicative of
anything or not, but this sort of thing is totally unsafe. 45 MPH in a
residential zone is crazy. Kids are out playing, people are walking, people
are pulling out of driveways and turning. No one expects anyone to be
driving that fast ina residential zone posted at 25 MPH. I could go on and
on about this, but I won't. I'll just report it as I always do, and watch as
the same behavior continues to happen. Maybe when a cop totals someone's car
or kills someone's kid those pigs will finally get it.

Cory

Old March 26th 05, 02:11 PM
223rem

Hi Cory, how about applying to the Cop Academy and becoming
a model cop? Show them how its done
Old March 26th 05, 05:49 PM
Cartlon Shew

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 00:59:43 -0500, "Cory Dunkle" >
wrote:

> I believe the cop noticed me, judging from his reaction as he
>looked at me through his mirror.

One day we're going to read in the news about some young guy driving a
classic car that was beaten to death by cops.

I don't know what their excuse will be, but it wouldn't surprise me if
his name was Cory Dunkle

Old March 27th 05, 02:17 AM
Brent P

In article >, Cartlon Shew wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 00:59:43 -0500, "Cory Dunkle" >
> wrote:
>
>> I believe the cop noticed me, judging from his reaction as he
>>looked at me through his mirror.

> One day we're going to read in the news about some young guy driving a
> classic car that was beaten to death by cops.
>
> I don't know what their excuse will be, but it wouldn't surprise me if
> his name was Cory Dunkle

I guess we can count you out on resisting the loss of liberty in this
nation Mr. Shew.

Old March 27th 05, 02:36 AM
Utah Sucks

Brent P wrote:

> In article >, Cartlon Shew
> wrote:
>> On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 00:59:43 -0500, "Cory Dunkle" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I believe the cop noticed me, judging from his reaction as he
>>>looked at me through his mirror.

>> One day we're going to read in the news about some young guy driving a
>> classic car that was beaten to death by cops.
>>
>> I don't know what their excuse will be, but it wouldn't surprise me if
>> his name was Cory Dunkle

> I guess we can count you out on resisting the loss of liberty in this
> nation Mr. Shew.

CD, who are you going to complain to? Where I live, cops drive fine. If you
want to make a difference, film this stuff, then give it to FBI and local
media. Better have many such films. You don't expect PD to investigate
itself, do you?

I generally respect cops and what they do, but if and when they drive
recklessly, they are destroying the very important relations with the
community.
Old March 27th 05, 02:39 AM
Nate Nagel

Utah Sucks wrote:

> Brent P wrote:
>

>>In article >, Cartlon Shew
>>wrote:

>>>One day we're going to read in the news about some young guy driving a
>>>classic car that was beaten to death by cops.
>>>
>>>I don't know what their excuse will be, but it wouldn't surprise me if
>>>his name was Cory Dunkle

>>I guess we can count you out on resisting the loss of liberty in this
>>nation Mr. Shew.

> CD, who are you going to complain to? Where I live, cops drive fine. If you
> want to make a difference, film this stuff, then give it to FBI and local
> media. Better have many such films. You don't expect PD to investigate
> itself, do you?
>
> I generally respect cops and what they do, but if and when they drive
> recklessly, they are destroying the very important relations with the
> community.

It's not so much that they drive recklessly - I mean they do, of course
- but that god help you if you get pulled over for 10 over, then you get
to listen to the same cop lecture you about how unsafely YOU were
driving, when he was just doing 20 MPH faster a few minutes ago. It's
the hypocrisy that really wears out my fillings.

nate

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel
Old March 28th 05, 02:56 AM
spinfire

Can jaybird or anyone comment on why police tend to tailgate? I see
this behavior all the time and it really disturbs me. I've also had it
happen to me, and I find it rude and intimidating. (And unsafe!)
Maybe there is a logical explanation, but the cynic in me is really
starting to believe it is to intimidate drivers into speeding.

Old March 28th 05, 03:52 AM
Nate Nagel

spinfire wrote:

> Can jaybird or anyone comment on why police tend to tailgate? I see
> this behavior all the time and it really disturbs me. I've also had it
> happen to me, and I find it rude and intimidating. (And unsafe!)
> Maybe there is a logical explanation, but the cynic in me is really
> starting to believe it is to intimidate drivers into speeding.

I think they do it mostly because they can, and they're trying to get
you to move right and let them pass. So for the most part I think that
it's at least 50% the tailgatee's fault. However, there was one cop
locally that seemed to have a pattern of tailgating people in the left
lane and then pulling them over for speeding when they sped up to
complete their pass (how's that for discouraging courtesy!) I
discovered this when I went to court to fight a BS speeding ticket
(given by the same officer, except I didn't actually speed when he
pulled his little stunt on me, I was watching) the first time I went the
cop didn't show and the judge made me come back a second time, the
second time a different judge merely stated that that officer was "no
longer in traffic enforcement" and dismissed all his tickets. I'd like
to know the rest of the story but never saw anything in the papers.

nate

Old March 28th 05, 05:31 AM
DTJ

On 27 Mar 2005 17:56:08 -0800, "spinfire" > wrote:

>Can jaybird or anyone comment on why police tend to tailgate? I see
>this behavior all the time and it really disturbs me. I've also had it
>happen to me, and I find it rude and intimidating. (And unsafe!)
>Maybe there is a logical explanation, but the cynic in me is really
>starting to believe it is to intimidate drivers into speeding.

Yeah right. jaybird - "cops never break the law, and so they never
tailgate. You are just trying to increase the hatred of a poor,
misunderstood group of humane individuals who occasionally might make
a mistake but should never answer for those few billion mistakes."
Old March 28th 05, 06:43 AM
Paul

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 21:52:46 -0500, Nate Nagel , one of an infinite
number of monkeys at an infinite number of typewriters said the following
in rec.autos.driving...

> spinfire wrote:
>
> > Can jaybird or anyone comment on why police tend to tailgate? I see
> > this behavior all the time and it really disturbs me. I've also had it
> > happen to me, and I find it rude and intimidating. (And unsafe!)
> > Maybe there is a logical explanation, but the cynic in me is really
> > starting to believe it is to intimidate drivers into speeding.
> >

> I think they do it mostly because they can, and they're trying to get
> you to move right and let them pass. So for the most part I think that
> it's at least 50% the tailgatee's fault.

I've had them do that to me when I have been doing the SL and in the far
right lane with very light traffic(IOW, the cop could have passed if he
wanted to). I agree with spinfi they are doing it to get people to
speed so they can rake in some revenue.

Careless Driving in NJ s Driving 38 March 27th 05 09:08 PM
opinon of BFG 31 AT KO used tire and rim purchase ufatbastehd Jeep 9 January 28th 05 03:49 AM
HEMI's HOT Luke Smith Driving 208 December 19th 04 05:27 PM
Subject: Traffic School - online traffic school experience response [email protected] Corvette 0 October 9th 04 05:56 PM