The Future of All Things Ford/Mustang

Old August 3rd 06, 02:52 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
[email protected]

Default The Future of All Things Ford/Mustang

Mustang Faithful,

Get ready for a future of 5.8 and/or 6.2 liter Hurricane engines. (The
"old" 4.6 and 5.4 liter modulars will soon be put out to pasture.) The
expected [rock &] roll out date for the new V8, or V8s, is 2009. And
if the competition's current V8 engine output is any indicator, I would
say a 5.8 Hurricane should put out at least 400 and the 6.2-liter
version well north of 450. And I don't think it's a fantasy to expect
450 and 500+ respectively.

That more than takes care of the GT and GT500 firepower, but what about
our entry-level pony, you ask. Well, the current 6 will also exit. In
its place, will come the new 263 horse, 3.5-liter V6. A new 6-speed
automatic is being promised for the entire Ford line, so you can bet
the Mustang will also sport one.

The next Mustang restyle date is now 2010. In the mean time, Ford has
pledged to offer special versions each model year. The next one in the
pipeline, supposedly, is a new Boss 302. Are there any Mercury or
Lincoln Mustangs being considered? Yes, Lincoln has worked on a coupe
using the Mustang platform, and planners have considered a Mercury
version, but production plans either are unclear at this time. My
guess: You can bet on at least one of them to get green-lighted for
production.

Ford is rumoured to be eyeing a RWD sedan. (With DC's 300, Magnum and
Charger being runaway hits, go figure.) Two options exist for the
platform: A variant of the Mustang or from a all-new platform being
developed in Australia. Recently, the case for the Australian version
has strengthened. Product chief Kuzak said the next-generation Falcon
platform is available as an option that Ford's U.S. product planners
could tap. But outside of the Mustang, the emphasis of car development
in this [US] market is on front-wheel-drive platforms with awd
capability, he said. I say, anyone have a big boot to kick Kuzak in
the ass for that thinking?

And that's it for your Mustang news...

Patrick

Old August 4th 06, 02:35 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Joe[_1_]

wrote in news:1154569930.187890.276520
@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com:

> Mustang Faithful,
>
> Get ready for a future of 5.8 and/or 6.2 liter Hurricane engines.

(The
> "old" 4.6 and 5.4 liter modulars will soon be put out to pasture.)

The
> expected [rock &] roll out date for the new V8, or V8s, is 2009. And
> if the competition's current V8 engine output is any indicator, I

would
> say a 5.8 Hurricane should put out at least 400 and the 6.2-liter
> version well north of 450. And I don't think it's a fantasy to expect
> 450 and 500+ respectively.
>
> That more than takes care of the GT and GT500 firepower, but what

about
> our entry-level pony, you ask. Well, the current 6 will also exit.

In
> its place, will come the new 263 horse, 3.5-liter V6. A new 6-speed
> automatic is being promised for the entire Ford line, so you can bet
> the Mustang will also sport one.
>
> The next Mustang restyle date is now 2010. In the mean time, Ford has
> pledged to offer special versions each model year. The next one in

the
> pipeline, supposedly, is a new Boss 302. Are there any Mercury or
> Lincoln Mustangs being considered? Yes, Lincoln has worked on a coupe
> using the Mustang platform, and planners have considered a Mercury
> version, but production plans either are unclear at this time. My
> guess: You can bet on at least one of them to get green-lighted for
> production.
>
> Ford is rumoured to be eyeing a RWD sedan. (With DC's 300, Magnum and
> Charger being runaway hits, go figure.) Two options exist for the
> platform: A variant of the Mustang or from a all-new platform being
> developed in Australia. Recently, the case for the Australian version
> has strengthened. Product chief Kuzak said the next-generation Falcon
> platform is available as an option that Ford's U.S. product planners
> could tap. But outside of the Mustang, the emphasis of car

development
> in this [US] market is on front-wheel-drive platforms with awd
> capability, he said. I say, anyone have a big boot to kick Kuzak in
> the ass for that thinking?
>
> And that's it for your Mustang news...
>
> Patrick

Patrick, above you quote the 300 and Magnum as "runaway hits", but then
you go on to say that the "300 magic" is wearing off in the 'Toyota's
march to #1' post. So which is it?

And to stay on topic here, I think that it's way too early to predict
what's coming out in 2010 let alone the next few years, given our
current economic conditions coupled with the dismal state of the
American automotive industry.

I think we're going to see some radical changes that nobody's
anticipating...
Old August 4th 06, 03:45 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
[email protected]

Joe wrote:

> > Mustang Faithful,
> >
> > Get ready for a future of 5.8 and/or 6.2 liter Hurricane engines.

> (The
> > "old" 4.6 and 5.4 liter modulars will soon be put out to pasture.)

> The
> > expected [rock &] roll out date for the new V8, or V8s, is 2009. And
> > if the competition's current V8 engine output is any indicator, I

> would
> > say a 5.8 Hurricane should put out at least 400 and the 6.2-liter
> > version well north of 450. And I don't think it's a fantasy to expect
> > 450 and 500+ respectively.
> >
> > That more than takes care of the GT and GT500 firepower, but what

> about
> > our entry-level pony, you ask. Well, the current 6 will also exit.

> In
> > its place, will come the new 263 horse, 3.5-liter V6. A new 6-speed
> > automatic is being promised for the entire Ford line, so you can bet
> > the Mustang will also sport one.
> >
> > The next Mustang restyle date is now 2010. In the mean time, Ford has
> > pledged to offer special versions each model year. The next one in

> the
> > pipeline, supposedly, is a new Boss 302. Are there any Mercury or
> > Lincoln Mustangs being considered? Yes, Lincoln has worked on a coupe
> > using the Mustang platform, and planners have considered a Mercury
> > version, but production plans either are unclear at this time. My
> > guess: You can bet on at least one of them to get green-lighted for
> > production.
> >
> > Ford is rumoured to be eyeing a RWD sedan. (With DC's 300, Magnum and
> > Charger being runaway hits, go figure.) Two options exist for the
> > platform: A variant of the Mustang or from a all-new platform being
> > developed in Australia. Recently, the case for the Australian version
> > has strengthened. Product chief Kuzak said the next-generation Falcon
> > platform is available as an option that Ford's U.S. product planners
> > could tap. But outside of the Mustang, the emphasis of car

> development
> > in this [US] market is on front-wheel-drive platforms with awd
> > capability, he said. I say, anyone have a big boot to kick Kuzak in
> > the ass for that thinking?
> >
> > And that's it for your Mustang news...

> Patrick, above you quote the 300 and Magnum as "runaway hits", but then
> you go on to say that the "300 magic" is wearing off in the 'Toyota's
> march to #1' post. So which is it?

Good question, Joe. I meant the magic they had designing the 300
hasn't been happening with their recent products.

> And to stay on topic here, I think that it's way too early to predict
> what's coming out in 2010 let alone the next few years, given our
> current economic conditions coupled with the dismal state of the
> American automotive industry.

While this is true, these are Ford's rumoured projected plans.

> I think we're going to see some radical changes that nobody's
> anticipating...

I think you're right. And I think in 5-10 years the automotive
landscape is going to have far fewer players.

Patrick

Old August 4th 06, 04:01 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Joe[_1_]

wrote in news:1154659511.623001.147000
> [...]

>> > has strengthened. Product chief Kuzak said the next-generation

Falcon
>> > platform is available as an option that Ford's U.S. product

planners
>> > could tap. But outside of the Mustang, the emphasis of car

>> development
>> > in this [US] market is on front-wheel-drive platforms with awd
>> > capability, he said. I say, anyone have a big boot to kick Kuzak

in
>> > the ass for that thinking?
>> >
>> > And that's it for your Mustang news...

>> Patrick, above you quote the 300 and Magnum as "runaway hits", but

then
>> you go on to say that the "300 magic" is wearing off in the 'Toyota's
>> march to #1' post. So which is it?

> Good question, Joe. I meant the magic they had designing the 300
> hasn't been happening with their recent products.

They're still riding the 300/Magnum wave. Considering the total lack of
competition in that arena, they have a little bit of time before that
wave dies out IMO. The Caliber is about the only new thing they've come
up with, and it's getting mixed reviews from what little I've
heard/seen.

>> And to stay on topic here, I think that it's way too early to predict
>> what's coming out in 2010 let alone the next few years, given our
>> current economic conditions coupled with the dismal state of the
>> American automotive industry.

> While this is true, these are Ford's rumoured projected plans.

I fully realize you basically quoted an article, but at this point I
don't know that any maker can predict what the marketplace will be like
in five years.

>> I think we're going to see some radical changes that nobody's
>> anticipating...

> I think you're right. And I think in 5-10 years the automotive
> landscape is going to have far fewer players.
>
> Patrick

Absolutely! I'll bet we'll also be surprised at the makeup of the
teams, too.
Old August 4th 06, 10:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
RT[_1_]

On 3 Aug 2006 19:45:11 -0700, wrote:

>Joe wrote:
>
>> > Mustang Faithful,
>> >
>> > Get ready for a future of 5.8 and/or 6.2 liter Hurricane engines.

>> (The
>> > "old" 4.6 and 5.4 liter modulars will soon be put out to pasture.)

>> The
>> > expected [rock &] roll out date for the new V8, or V8s, is 2009. And
>> > if the competition's current V8 engine output is any indicator, I

>> would
>> > say a 5.8 Hurricane should put out at least 400 and the 6.2-liter
>> > version well north of 450. And I don't think it's a fantasy to expect
>> > 450 and 500+ respectively.
>> >
>> > That more than takes care of the GT and GT500 firepower, but what

>> about
>> > our entry-level pony, you ask. Well, the current 6 will also exit.

>> In
>> > its place, will come the new 263 horse, 3.5-liter V6. A new 6-speed
>> > automatic is being promised for the entire Ford line, so you can bet
>> > the Mustang will also sport one.
>> >
>> > The next Mustang restyle date is now 2010. In the mean time, Ford has
>> > pledged to offer special versions each model year. The next one in

>> the
>> > pipeline, supposedly, is a new Boss 302. Are there any Mercury or
>> > Lincoln Mustangs being considered? Yes, Lincoln has worked on a coupe
>> > using the Mustang platform, and planners have considered a Mercury
>> > version, but production plans either are unclear at this time. My
>> > guess: You can bet on at least one of them to get green-lighted for
>> > production.
>> >
>> > Ford is rumoured to be eyeing a RWD sedan. (With DC's 300, Magnum and
>> > Charger being runaway hits, go figure.) Two options exist for the
>> > platform: A variant of the Mustang or from a all-new platform being
>> > developed in Australia. Recently, the case for the Australian version
>> > has strengthened. Product chief Kuzak said the next-generation Falcon
>> > platform is available as an option that Ford's U.S. product planners
>> > could tap. But outside of the Mustang, the emphasis of car

>> development
>> > in this [US] market is on front-wheel-drive platforms with awd
>> > capability, he said. I say, anyone have a big boot to kick Kuzak in
>> > the ass for that thinking?
>> >
>> > And that's it for your Mustang news...

>> Patrick, above you quote the 300 and Magnum as "runaway hits", but then
>> you go on to say that the "300 magic" is wearing off in the 'Toyota's
>> march to #1' post. So which is it?

>Good question, Joe. I meant the magic they had designing the 300
>hasn't been happening with their recent products.
>
>> And to stay on topic here, I think that it's way too early to predict
>> what's coming out in 2010 let alone the next few years, given our
>> current economic conditions coupled with the dismal state of the
>> American automotive industry.

>While this is true, these are Ford's rumoured projected plans.

Ford needs to be careful.
I think is gas has hit $5+ by 2010 you won't see all that many V8's
running around anymore. Just look at what's happening to trucks and
suv's right now.

Old August 5th 06, 07:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
My Names Nobody

>>> And to stay on topic here, I think that it's way too early to predict
>>> what's coming out in 2010 let alone the next few years, given our
>>> current economic conditions coupled with the dismal state of the
>>> American automotive industry.

>>While this is true, these are Ford's rumoured projected plans.

> Ford needs to be careful.
> I think is gas has hit $5+ by 2010 you won't see all that many V8's
> running around anymore. Just look at what's happening to trucks and
> suv's right now.

Well until the gas is gone I'll be buying & driving what I want, and that
isn't a 4 or 6 cylinder economy **** box.
"IF" and when the oil does run out, and that is a big "IF", nobody will be
able to get any, regardless of what you drive.

http://www.radford.edu/~wkovarik/oil/6oilbiblio.html
http://www.ncpa.org/pub/bg/bg159/

It doesn't matter what the fuel price is, it cost the same for everyone.
Besides the V-8 Chevrolet Corvette is touching 30 miles per gallon on the
highway, that better than the V-6 Camry.