1981 Diesel Rabbit metal radiator?

Old September 9th 06, 01:05 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Ken Finney

Default 1981 Diesel Rabbit metal radiator?

Just had the plastic radiator tank break. There are new radiators with
plastic end tanks available, but I'm more comfortable with an all metal one.
Anyone know of a source for an all metal radiator? Everything I've found
appears to have plastic.

Old September 10th 06, 02:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Peter Parker

In article >,
Ken Finney > wrote:
>Just had the plastic radiator tank break. There are new radiators with
>plastic end tanks available, but I'm more comfortable with an all metal one.
>Anyone know of a source for an all metal radiator? Everything I've found
>appears to have plastic.

The aluminum radiators with the plastic ends last a long time. Metal ones
rust out much faster and since a VW cools well they don't have a market
for the all metal ones.

--
Jeeps and dubs and everything's nice...
Old September 11th 06, 03:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Ken Finney

"Peter Parker" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> Ken Finney > wrote:
>>Just had the plastic radiator tank break. There are new radiators with
>>plastic end tanks available, but I'm more comfortable with an all metal
>>one.
>>Anyone know of a source for an all metal radiator? Everything I've found
>>appears to have plastic.

> The aluminum radiators with the plastic ends last a long time. Metal ones
> rust out much faster and since a VW cools well they don't have a market
> for the all metal ones.

OK, so are all the replacement ones made by the same company (so I can just
buy on price), or is any one better than the others?