VUE -- how pronounced?

Old December 26th 06, 08:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Doug Miller[_1_]

Default VUE -- how pronounced?

Just curious: is it "voo", or "vyew", or "vee-yew-eee", or what?

--
Regards,

Old December 26th 06, 10:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Steve[_13_]

It's pronounced "honda".

"Doug Miller" > wrote in message
t...
> Just curious: is it "voo", or "vyew", or "vee-yew-eee", or what?
>
> --
> Regards,
> Doug Miller (alphageek at milmac dot com)
>
> It's time to throw all their damned tea in the harbor again.

It has removed 607 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter for free now!

Old December 27th 06, 02:34 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
BläBlä[_2_]

Its pronounced "View". Are ya that isolated?

I love 'em except the ones that have timing belts, CVT's, and the ones
with AWD which is pointless...

Old December 27th 06, 04:02 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Your name

=?iso-8859-15?Q?Bl=E4Bl=E4?=
. s!rcre4p.c0m> wrote in
:

> Its pronounced "View". Are ya that isolated?
>
> I love 'em except the ones that have timing belts, CVT's, and the ones
> with AWD which is pointless...

Pointless ???? Why???
Old December 27th 06, 04:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Doug Miller[_1_]

In article >, =?iso-8859-15?Q?Bl=E4Bl=E4?=
. s!rcre4p.c0m> wrote:
>Its pronounced "View". Are ya that isolated?

No, just don't know anybody that has one... and I don't watch TV.

--
Regards,

Old December 27th 06, 04:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
PerfectReign

On Wed, 27 Dec 2006 04:12:54 +0000, Doug Miller got out the hammer and
chisel and etched in the wall:

> In article >, =?iso-8859-15?Q?Bl=E4Bl=E4?=
> . s!rcre4p.c0m> wrote:
>>Its pronounced "View". Are ya that isolated?

> No, just don't know anybody that has one... and I don't watch TV.

I don't think I've ever even seen a VUE advertisement.

--
kai

a turn signal is a statement, not a request
Old December 28th 06, 12:46 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Steve[_13_]

In the Vue's case:

1. The AWD system only adds ~150#s

2. It's a Saturn. I fully expect the rest of the vehicle to fall apart long
before the Honda AWD system so much as sneezes

3. The Honda AWD system is actually a 2WD system that kicks in the rear 2
wheels only during slip, so wear and tear is minimal

4. I live in Southern Ohio (we have actual hills) and can tell you that
traction control doesn't do *!%$ when you're trying to get up an ice covered
hill or pull yourself out of a ditch

You only need airbags 0.01% of the time, so why bother with the extra weight
and expense?

Just my 2 Lincolns,
Steve

Old December 28th 06, 03:34 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
BläBlä[_2_]

In article >,
says...
> In the Vue's case:
>
> 1. The AWD system only adds ~150#s

Also adds $2000 dollars and subracts 2 mpg in economy.

> 2. It's a Saturn. I fully expect the rest of the vehicle to fall apart long
> before the Honda AWD system so much as sneezes

And I fully expect the timing belt to fail before 70k miles. The 5AT has
been far from bullet proof had has crappy shifting issues... Honda's AWD
system?

> 3. The Honda AWD system is actually a 2WD system that kicks in the rear 2
> wheels only during slip, so wear and tear is minimal

Yes AWD "on demand" still isn't immune to service or repair. And funny I
thought the RDM was GM's VERSATRAK with a PTU added to Honda's buggy
5AT? How often do you check the fluid level in your RDM? Anything with
seals will inevitably seap and leak you know.

> 4. I live in Southern Ohio (we have actual hills) and can tell you that
> traction control doesn't do *!%$ when you're trying to get up an ice covered
> hill or pull yourself out of a ditch

So AWD's dont get stuck? Google 'James Kim + AWD + 9-2x'. I've seen
4x4's suffer the same issues. Tire chains/cables cost far less than than
a $2000 dollar AWD option and will handle southern Ohio just fine.

> You only need airbags 0.01% of the time, so why bother with the extra weight
> and expense?
>
> Just my 2 Lincolns,
> Steve

Just my 2k bucks, still in the bank.
;-)
Old December 30th 06, 01:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
D&SW

view