Cabrio parts

Old May 30th 06, 02:54 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

Default Cabrio parts

Just a quick question. My girlfriend wants a cabrio and I was thinking we
might switch from a golf and a Toyota pickup to a cabrio and the Toy.
Howevere a friend said that the Cabrios have a lot of cabrio specific parts
seperate from their Golf counter parts. Is this true?
I kind of doubted it because they're basically just golfs with reinforced
pillars and no roofs. Oh and I'm thinking of the A1's not the A3's

Thanks,
DruG

Old May 30th 06, 05:35 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

Mechanically, A1 Golfs (Rabbits) and Cabriolets should be identical.
The Cabbie may have some upgrades such as stiffening bars, oil coolers,
tachometers and other gauges but these are all pretty much bolt-on "in
addition to" items rather than "instead of" when compared to the Golf.

Old May 30th 06, 04:05 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

On Tue, 30 May 2006 07:35:14 -0700, in rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
(message <cKYeg.28083$QP4.22582@fed1read12>), Matt B.
> wrote:

> Yes but "unusual" in that they were stuck to an A1 (e.g.: Digifant injection
> in an A1...Cabriolet was the only animal to get it). However in and of

Right. All I meant was that you can't assume the Cab is like any other
Rabbit or whatever you like. But you're exactly correct that, aside
from the special convertible-only stuff (there's those knee bolsters,
for instance, which seem to be there so that your knees can hurt after
a front-end collision. Although I think they were also on the
door-mounted shoulder belt cars. I wish the U.S. Congress would stay
out of legislating particular solutions to problems), the Cabs are
pretty much like every other car of the series.

Old June 1st 06, 03:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

> I kind of doubted it because they're basically just golfs with reinforced
> pillars and no roofs. Oh and I'm thinking of the A1's not the A3's

Doesn't apply in your case, but I just replaced two power window regulators
in a '96 Cabrio. They're HIDEOUSLY more expensive than those found in a
Golf.

AWA [DEMAND] Inquiring BMW Genuine Parts [email protected] General 0 May 4th 06 11:52 AM
Repair Fraud? basva Technology 65 October 9th 05 11:26 PM
1953 - 1975 CHEVROLET CORVETTE CHASSIS and BODY PARTS CATALOG Tom Hall Antique cars 0 January 27th 04 11:22 PM