VW THING FLOOR

Old April 4th 06, 06:12 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Default VW THING FLOOR

When my guy cut out the floor...what the floor bolts to
crumbled....apparantly needs to be totally re-fabbed...is this a big deal?

Also when unbolted the front frame brace the body shifted...he got scared
and washed his hands of the entire project.....what am i to do?

Old April 4th 06, 07:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Morgan Anderson wrote:
> When my guy cut out the floor...what the floor bolts to
> crumbled....apparantly needs to be totally re-fabbed...is this a big deal?
>
> Also when unbolted the front frame brace the body shifted...he got scared
> and washed his hands of the entire project.....what am i to do?

The floor pan bolts (upward) to the underside of the body.
(On a Beetle, this would be called the "heater channel",
but on yours it is a "sill".)

It is a very big deal and that's why he begged off.

To get at least some idea of what is involved, have a look
at what one guy went thru on his Beetle:
http://www.my67bug.com/

Don't rush into a decision what to do, but gather all the info
you can.

Speedy Jim
http://www.nls.net/mp/volks/
Old April 4th 06, 07:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Speedy Jim wrote:
> Morgan Anderson wrote:
> > When my guy cut out the floor...what the floor bolts to
> > crumbled....apparantly needs to be totally re-fabbed...is this a big deal?
> >
> > Also when unbolted the front frame brace the body shifted...he got scared
> > and washed his hands of the entire project.....what am i to do?
> >

> The floor pan bolts (upward) to the underside of the body.
> (On a Beetle, this would be called the "heater channel",
> but on yours it is a "sill".)
>
> It is a very big deal and that's why he begged off.
>
> To get at least some idea of what is involved, have a look
> at what one guy went thru on his Beetle:
> http://www.my67bug.com/
>

> Don't rush into a decision what to do, but gather all the info
> you can.
>
> Speedy Jim
> http://www.nls.net/mp/volks/

What speedy said - he's always dead on

I don't know a thing about a thing but was curious so found these
threads:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/vie...eater+channels
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/vie...t=rocker+panel

It sounds like it is a similar job to doing heater channels on a bug
and that's a pile of work, unfortunately.

Remco

Old April 4th 06, 08:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Speedy Jim wrote:
> Morgan Anderson wrote:
>
>> When my guy cut out the floor...what the floor bolts to
>> crumbled....apparantly needs to be totally re-fabbed...is this a big
>> deal?
>>
>> Also when unbolted the front frame brace the body shifted...he got
>> scared and washed his hands of the entire project.....what am i to do?
>>

> The floor pan bolts (upward) to the underside of the body.
> (On a Beetle, this would be called the "heater channel",
> but on yours it is a "sill".)
>
> It is a very big deal and that's why he begged off.
>
> To get at least some idea of what is involved, have a look
> at what one guy went thru on his Beetle:
> http://www.my67bug.com/
>

> Don't rush into a decision what to do, but gather all the info
> you can.
>
> Speedy Jim
> http://www.nls.net/mp/volks/

Get the floorpan repair videos (DVD also available) from www.bugmevideo.com

Good stuff.

Jan
Old April 5th 06, 04:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

"Morgan Anderson" > wrote in message
> When my guy cut out the floor...what the floor bolts to
> crumbled....apparantly needs to be totally re-fabbed...is this a big deal?
>
> Also when unbolted the front frame brace the body shifted...he got scared
> and washed his hands of the entire project.....what am i to do?

ahhhh... get a new guy?

Old April 12th 06, 10:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

thanks for your help guys......im going to think it through slowely.....