How to ID side airbags in a Durango?

Old January 17th 05, 05:06 AM

Default How to ID side airbags in a Durango?

I'm looking at buying a 2002 or 2003 Dodge Durango and want the side
air bag option. I keep getting the runaround from used car salesmen; I
don't think they even know. Is there an easy way to tell if the side
air bags are present or not? (Maybe an indicator digit in the VIN?)

Old January 18th 05, 01:15 AM
Steve W.

Just look at the trim panels. Panels with "supplemental restraint" have
an airbag behind them. The same thing it says on the steering wheel will
be on the trim.

--
Steve Williams
Near Cooperstown, New York

oups.com...

Old January 18th 05, 01:15 AM
Steve W.

Just look at the trim panels. Panels with "supplemental restraint" have
an airbag behind them. The same thing it says on the steering wheel will
be on the trim.

--
Steve Williams
Near Cooperstown, New York

oups.com...

Old January 18th 05, 11:24 AM
Robert

Don't count on the trim panels being marked correctly. I recently purchased
a new 2005 Dodge Magnum with the side airbag option package and neither B
pillar panel was marked with the "SRS" emblem. I thought maybe I paid for an
option that was never installed on my car even though it was listed on the
window sticker. So I looked behind the panels to see if indeed the side
curtain airbags were there and sure enough they were so the dealer had to
install the proper B pillar trim panel which has the "SRS" emblem. So the
Durango may have the side airbags but not be marked correctly. Another way
to do it is to get the option printout for the Durango from the
parts/service department. That should be correct but again you never know.

Old January 18th 05, 11:24 AM
Robert

"Steve W." > wrote in message
> Just look at the trim panels. Panels with "supplemental restraint" have
> an airbag behind them. The same thing it says on the steering wheel will
> be on the trim.
>
> --
> Steve Williams
> Near Cooperstown, New York
>

> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>> I'm looking at buying a 2002 or 2003 Dodge Durango and want the side
>> air bag option. I keep getting the runaround from used car salesmen;

>> don't think they even know. Is there an easy way to tell if the side
>> air bags are present or not? (Maybe an indicator digit in the VIN?)

How to ID Durango Side Airbags [email protected] Dodge 0 January 17th 05 04:18 AM
Passenger side front window bill Audi 4 August 25th 04 07:27 AM
dodge durango freeze out plug Delby Dodge 0 July 30th 04 05:16 PM