If corporations are people?

Old October 27th 11, 09:22 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
lyon_wonder

Default If corporations are people?

Since the supreme court declared that corporations have personhood and
Mitt Romney said corporations are people, then what happens when an
oil/gas company has a bowel movement and takes a dump?
Old October 27th 11, 10:03 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Beef Supreme

"lyon_wonder" > wrote in message
> Since the supreme court declared that corporations have personhood and
> Mitt Romney said corporations are people, then what happens when an
> oil/gas company has a bowel movement and takes a dump?

They get a tax break.

Old October 28th 11, 03:50 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
H.B. Elkins[_3_]

In article >, lyon_wonder says...

>Since the supreme court declared that corporations have personhood and
>Mitt Romney said corporations are people, then what happens when an
>oil/gas company has a bowel movement and takes a dump?

Same that that happens if a labor union does.

--
To reply by e-mail, remove the "restrictorplate"
Old October 28th 11, 03:52 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Beef Supreme

"H.B. Elkins" > wrote in message
> In article >, lyon_wonder
> says...
>>
>>Since the supreme court declared that corporations have personhood and
>>Mitt Romney said corporations are people, then what happens when an
>>oil/gas company has a bowel movement and takes a dump?

> Same that that happens if a labor union does.

The Supreme Court has never ruled that labor unions are individual humans.
You fail.

Old October 28th 11, 04:00 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Kenny McCormack[_2_]

In article >, Beef Supreme > wrote:

>"H.B. Elkins" > wrote in message
>> In article >, lyon_wonder
>> says...
>>>
>>>Since the supreme court declared that corporations have personhood and
>>>Mitt Romney said corporations are people, then what happens when an
>>>oil/gas company has a bowel movement and takes a dump?

>> Same that that happens if a labor union does.

>The Supreme Court has never ruled that labor unions are individual humans.
>You fail.

Everytime he posts.

--

First of all, I do not appreciate your playing stupid here at all.

- Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn -

Old October 28th 11, 04:13 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
necromancer[_7_]

On Thu, 27 Oct 2011 15:22:06 -0500, lyon_wonder
> wrote:

>Since the supreme court declared that corporations have personhood and
>Mitt Romney said corporations are people,

When Texas executes one, then I'll believe that corporations are
people.

>then what happens when an
>oil/gas company has a bowel movement and takes a dump?

Ask the citizens of coastal MS and AL...

--
"I... Can't... Drive... FIFTY-FIVE!!!"
--Sammy Hagar
Old October 28th 11, 03:03 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
H.B. Elkins[_3_]

In article >, Beef Supreme says...

>The Supreme Court has never ruled that labor unions are individual humans.
>You fail.

Not quite. Labor unions were already engaging in the types of activities that
corporations weren't allowed to. That decision just evened the playing field.

--
To reply by e-mail, remove the "restrictorplate"
Old October 28th 11, 03:22 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
[email protected]

On Oct 28, 10:03*am, H.B. Elkins >
wrote:

> >The Supreme Court has never ruled that labor unions are individual humans.
> >You fail.

> Not quite. Labor unions were already engaging in the types of activities that
> corporations weren't allowed to. That decision just evened the playing field.

Today, labor unions represent only a miniscule number of workers,
about 7%. So bringing up labor unions along with corporations is a
strawman. As an example, at one time most telephone company workers
were unionized, but today only a very small few are unionized. When
Verizon workers went on strike to protest pay cuts, Verizon--a very
profitable company--crushed the strike like a bug.

Corporations have always been a certain kind of "person", that's
nothing new. But corporations are an _artificial_ person, created by
the government.

The real question people should be asking is whatever happened to anti-
trust laws? When we have banks that are "too big to fail", why are we
allowing ever bigger mergers?
Old October 28th 11, 06:47 PM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
Beef Supreme

"H.B. Elkins" > wrote in message
> In article >, Beef Supreme says...
>
>>The Supreme Court has never ruled that labor unions are individual humans.
>>You fail.

> Not quite. Labor unions were already engaging in the types of activities
> that
> corporations weren't allowed to. That decision just evened the playing
> field.

Did you even read what I said?

Old October 29th 11, 04:47 AM posted to misc.transport.road,rec.autos.driving
H.B. Elkins[_3_]

In article >, Beef Supreme says...

>Did you even read what I said?

Yes.

--
To reply by e-mail, remove the "restrictorplate"