'05 Accord Battery

Old January 13th 08, 06:01 AM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Dave L

Default '05 Accord Battery

I have an '05 Accord LX manual purchased in August '05, with almost 34k
miles on it. When I checked the battery today the status indicator was
clear and not green. I've never had the battery drain and need a jump start
before. I called the dealer to inquire today and was told if it went bad,
they would cover for up to 3 years (the new car warranty). They said I
could bring it in on Monday to test the battery, but I won't have time.

Isn't this a little premature for a battery to start going bad? What is
recommended if I decide to replace it? I used to always go Die Hard Gold
for replacements but not sure if they're still the best or one of the better
ones. Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks,
-Dave

Old January 13th 08, 10:39 AM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Brian Smith

"Dave L" > wrote in message
. ..
>I have an '05 Accord LX manual purchased in August '05, with almost 34k
>miles on it. When I checked the battery today the status indicator was
>clear and not green. I've never had the battery drain and need a jump
>start before. I called the dealer to inquire today and was told if it went
>bad, they would cover for up to 3 years (the new car warranty). They said
>I could bring it in on Monday to test the battery, but I won't have time.

Make the time, it's being replaced for you for no charge.

Old January 13th 08, 01:11 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
bbtaco

"Brian Smith" > wrote in message

> "Dave L" > wrote in message
> . ..
>>I have an '05 Accord LX manual purchased in August '05, with almost 34k
>>miles on it. When I checked the battery today the status indicator was
>>clear and not green. I've never had the battery drain and need a jump
>>start before. I called the dealer to inquire today and was told if it
>>went bad, they would cover for up to 3 years (the new car warranty). They
>>said I could bring it in on Monday to test the battery, but I won't have
>>time.

> Make the time, it's being replaced for you for no charge.
>
>> Isn't this a little premature for a battery to start going bad? What is
>> recommended if I decide to replace it? I used to always go Die Hard Gold
>> for replacements but not sure if they're still the best or one of the
>> better ones. Any ideas or suggestions?

> Make the time, it's being replaced for you for no charge.

We just had the battery replaced free by our dealer with only 19,000 miles
on our 2006 Accord. The car would start but seemed to turn over slower than
usual. The indicator window on it did not show any color in it either. They
tested it and I was told it was putting out much lower cranking amps than it
should.

Old January 13th 08, 02:32 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Elle

If you are in a hot climate, then 2.5 years is often a
common life for a battery.

Interstate (and maybe one other manufacturer) is the OEM
battery manufacturer for Hondas and is much recommended
here. I go with Interstate lately for my 91 Civic.

"Dave L" > wrote

Old January 13th 08, 04:01 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Woody[_1_]

The dealer is replacing it under warranty so why go to any other battery. He
should make the time and take it to the dealer....

Old January 13th 08, 06:15 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Dave L

"bbtaco" > wrote in message
. ..

> "Brian Smith" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Dave L" > wrote in message
>> . ..
>>>I have an '05 Accord LX manual purchased in August '05, with almost 34k
>>>miles on it. When I checked the battery today the status indicator was
>>>clear and not green. I've never had the battery drain and need a jump
>>>start before. I called the dealer to inquire today and was told if it
>>>went bad, they would cover for up to 3 years (the new car warranty).
>>>They said I could bring it in on Monday to test the battery, but I won't
>>>have time.

>> Make the time, it's being replaced for you for no charge.
>>
>>> Isn't this a little premature for a battery to start going bad? What is
>>> recommended if I decide to replace it? I used to always go Die Hard
>>> Gold for replacements but not sure if they're still the best or one of
>>> the better ones. Any ideas or suggestions?

>> Make the time, it's being replaced for you for no charge.
>>

> We just had the battery replaced free by our dealer with only 19,000 miles
> on our 2006 Accord. The car would start but seemed to turn over slower
> than usual. The indicator window on it did not show any color in it
> either. They tested it and I was told it was putting out much lower
> cranking amps than it should.

Yes, I'll make an appointment to the dealer. I just couldn't do it this
Monday and hopefully they'll have a day where they have later appointments
or a Saturday appointment when they can check this. The Accord always
seemed to turn over slightly slower than my previous cars even when it was
new. It was nothing major, and even now it's the same. This happens when I
let it sit overnight or after work.

My only concern is if they say nothing is actually wrong with it and the
battery is just getting old at 2-1/2 years old!

Thanks,
-Dave

Old January 13th 08, 06:18 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Dave L

I'm in Maryland and the batteries I've had in previous cars have always
lasted over 2.5 years. Then again, this is my first "new" car.

I'll see if I can dig up an old CR mag for car batteries. CR is normally
decent although I do take them with a grain of salt.

Thanks,
-Dave

Old January 13th 08, 06:20 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
jim beam

Dave L wrote:
> "bbtaco" > wrote in message
> . ..
>> "Brian Smith" > wrote in message
>>> "Dave L" > wrote in message
>>> . ..
>>> Make the time, it's being replaced for you for no charge.

>>> Make the time, it's being replaced for you for no charge.
>>>

>> We just had the battery replaced free by our dealer with only 19,000 miles
>> on our 2006 Accord. The car would start but seemed to turn over slower
>> than usual. The indicator window on it did not show any color in it
>> either. They tested it and I was told it was putting out much lower
>> cranking amps than it should.

> Yes, I'll make an appointment to the dealer. I just couldn't do it this
> Monday and hopefully they'll have a day where they have later appointments
> or a Saturday appointment when they can check this. The Accord always
> seemed to turn over slightly slower than my previous cars even when it was
> new. It was nothing major, and even now it's the same. This happens when I
> let it sit overnight or after work.
>
> My only concern is if they say nothing is actually wrong with it and the
> battery is just getting old at 2-1/2 years old!

you don't say where you live - if it's phoenix, that battery life will
not be unusual.
Old January 13th 08, 06:20 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
Dave L

Yeah yeah, I'll see what appointments they have this week. Juggling with a
work schedule! As I said in a previous post, I'm just afraid the dealer
will say the clear eye is normal wear and not do anything. I'll hit the 36k
miles before the 36 months for the new car warranty.

Thanks,
-Dave

Old January 13th 08, 10:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Dick[_1_]

Honda batteries generally hold up pretty well. I would normally
expect about 5 years from one. Batteries though, are just like
anything else electrical. They can fail prematurely, and it has
nothing to do with the car. I had a new Sears Diehard fail completely
in less than 6 months. Also bear in mind that in the scheme of
things, an $86 battery (price I just paid at a Honda dealer) is really
nothing compared to the cost of a new vehicle. I see people every day
putting more than that in their gas tank on one fill-up!. Finally, a
clear test indicator can mean that the battery needs charging, is
failing, or is simply low on water. Yes, "sealed" batteries do
sometimes need to have water added.

If you don't want to stick with OEM, the last CR report on auto
batteries was October 2006. NAPA came out on top.

Dick

On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 13:18:18 -0500, "Dave L"
> wrote:

>I'm in Maryland and the batteries I've had in previous cars have always
>lasted over 2.5 years. Then again, this is my first "new" car.
>
>I'll see if I can dig up an old CR mag for car batteries. CR is normally
>decent although I do take them with a grain of salt.
>
>Thanks,
>-Dave
>

>"Elle" > wrote in message
>> If you are in a hot climate, then 2.5 years is often a common life for a
>> battery.
>>
>> Interstate (and maybe one other manufacturer) is the OEM battery
>> manufacturer for Hondas and is much recommended here. I go with Interstate
>> lately for my 91 Civic.
>>
>> "Dave L" > wrote
>>>I have an '05 Accord LX manual purchased in August '05, with almost 34k
>>>miles on it. When I checked the battery today the status indicator was
>>>clear and not green. I've never had the battery drain and need a jump
>>>start before. I called the dealer to inquire today and was told if it went
>>>bad, they would cover for up to 3 years (the new car warranty). They said
>>>I could bring it in on Monday to test the battery, but I won't have time.
>>>
>>> Isn't this a little premature for a battery to start going bad? What is
>>> recommended if I decide to replace it? I used to always go Die Hard Gold
>>> for replacements but not sure if they're still the best or one of the
>>> better ones. Any ideas or suggestions?

1990 Accord bad battery...altenator? Saus Honda 1 January 3rd 07 04:45 PM
2003 Accord Battery Problem...anyone else ? noydb Honda 4 August 16th 05 05:26 PM
repl battery for accord lx 01 ap Honda 5 July 27th 05 03:53 PM
repl battery for accord lx 01 ap Honda 0 July 25th 05 03:45 PM
Messed up 92 Accord Battery All2sober Honda 2 February 13th 05 07:21 AM