Anyone tried this game? Is it even close to a SIM?

Old May 29th 08, 09:10 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
PlowBoy,

Default Anyone tried this game? Is it even close to a SIM?

http://project-torque.aeriagames.com/

I haven't found a mention about it on this group, using Google. I might try
and DL it sometime, if nobody else has. but I figure Reid might have
seen/tried it?

Old May 31st 08, 01:39 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
jeffareid

> http://project-torque.aeriagames.com/
>
> I haven't found a mention about it on this group, using Google. I might try and DL it sometime, if nobody else has.
> but I figure Reid might have seen/tried it?

There are actaully a few racing games that I've never tried or owned.
I never heard of this one before.

Old June 3rd 08, 04:00 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
PlowBoy[_2_]

Well,

Some guys that I used to race MTM and MTM2 with (you know, fun! but not a
sim..) are playing this now. I found out about a week ago. Jeff, well it
looks pretty arcadey... and wondered, figured you might have seen it. Oh
well, after I get it downloaded tonight Ill try it this week maybe.

Old June 3rd 08, 09:47 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
jeffareid

> MTM and MTM2

I did a web search, and this is Monster Truck Madness?

Although I am a Need For Speed fan, apparently I'm not the
arcade racing game expert some think me to be.

After checking out Wiki's web page on racging games:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racing_game

how can any racing game player feel that his racing game life
will ever be complete?

I only have 9 of the 19 listed simulation game series, and only
1 (NFS) of the rest.

There are a few I have not on the wiki page:

Mercedes Benz World Racing (full 3d terrains, drive anywhere)
World Racing 2
Corvette
Ford Racing 2 (most realistic of the series)
Ford Racing 3 (a bug with throttle oscillation was never fixed)
Ford Street Racing (you can switch cars or give crew commands)
Simpsons Hit and Run

Anyone ever come up with a good distinction between arcade and sim?
If a player can lock up the brakes and spin out a car is that a sim?

Old June 3rd 08, 05:29 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
PlowBoy,

Jemanee Chrysler Jeff, I wasn't calling you a arcade fanatic or anything. I
just warned the boards, that the title was pretty arcadey looking. I just
had noticed of all the racing games and sims you had tried (one time you
posted the replays from several games on your website, which escapes me
atm.) I mentioned MTM because I guess it was my NFS substitution. I like
racing genre, games or sims and lean a lot more towards sims... FWIW, I
had and liked I liked the demo for Mercedes Benz World racing, would
probably bought it if I hadn't been in several Papyrus sim based leagues
online. Some days I like games (as long as they aren't Keyboard controls
only types)

I surely hit you in some sensitive spot inadvertently, I just figured you
were more likely to have seen/tried it than others would admit, that is all.

Spent all night looking for Smallville season 7 opener to watch (someone
deleted it off my DVR) as we just got done watching season 5&6 trying to
catch up to this years. So no I still haven't loaded it yet.

Old June 3rd 08, 07:43 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
jeffareid

> I wasn't calling you a arcade fanatic or anything.

I wasn't offended, just my weak attempt at humor.

> had noticed of all the racing games and sims you had tried

website is here (should be easy to remember the name):

http://jeffareid.net

racing game videos is the first link.

> I mentioned MTM because I guess it was my NFS substitution.

I never heard of it before. When I went to the Wiki site I was
surpised at the number of racing game titles that I never heard of
before, and also the missing out of MBWR and WR2 although it did
include Mercedes Benz Truck Racing. Ford Racing series (from the UK),
and Corvette weren't mentioned either.

> MBWR

The tracks are located on full 3d terrains, and you can drive a car
just about anywhere on the terrains. There's also a movable camera view
that can be place just about anywhere or above the terrain, with the
option of dropping a car off at the new spot.

> I surely hit you in some sensitive spot inadvertently, I just figured you were more likely to have seen/tried it than
> others would admit, that is all.

As I stated before, not a problem. I occasionally post comments about the
NFS series at the LFS forum, and created a poll regarding how many closet
arcade racers there were at LFS. One good LFS post I made was that reason
for a delay in one of the LFS releases was that the developers were too
busy customizing their Golf GTI in the recently released NFS Underground 1,
trying to figure out the right combination of neon, vinyls and speakers.

Lotus Six - close up davenport Auto Photos 0 March 7th 08 09:23 AM
Following to close ticket Mark Milke Driving 25 May 2nd 06 02:05 PM
Close Call! Stimpy Jeep 87 March 18th 06 04:11 AM
WOW...that was too close!!! Tom Corvette 30 January 15th 05 12:06 AM