Saudis to behead joy-rider for hit-and-run incident

Old July 10th 12, 01:25 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,sac.politics,misc.transport.road,misc.survivalism,ca.driving
Ashton Crusher[_2_]

Default Saudis to behead joy-rider for hit-and-run incident

On Sun, 08 Jul 2012 09:11:20 +0200, "Geoff" > wrote:

>(Reuters) - A Saudi court sentenced a middle-aged joy-rider to
>death by beheading for accidentally killing two people while
>performing a car stunt near the capital Riyadh, the Saudi
>newspaper Al Watan reported on Tuesday.
>
>A pastime known as "drifting," in which drivers make their cars
>spin and skid at high speed, is popular among Saudi men with few
>options for entertainment in a conservative kingdom where
>cinemas do not exist and mixing between unrelated men and women
>is forbidden.
>
>Al Watan reported that the defendant, which it said identified
>himself as "Mutannish" - "he who ignores" in Arabic, struck and
>killed two men while performing the thrill-seeking stunt and
>fled the scene before being arrested.
>
>"The court of Onaiza handed down a sentence to kill the drifter
>'mutannish' by beheading as punishment for his heinous deed and
>to deter others who tamper with the nation's security," the
>report stated.
>
>Al Watan did not say when the sentence would be carried out. A
>Justice Ministry spokesman could not be reached for comment.
>
>Saudi authorities have treated deaths resulting from acts of
>"drifting" as criminally negligent homicides.
>
>In 2005, a Saudi naval officer found guilty of killing three
>minors in a stunt-driving accident was handed a death sentence
>that was subsequently reduced to 3,000 lashes and 20 years in
>prison, according to local media.
>
>Saudi Arabia, which follows a strict version of Sunni Islam,
>does not have a written penal code and judges issue verdicts
>according to their own interpretation of the Koran.
>
>Amnesty International has said that at least 82 people were
>executed in Saudi Arabia last year, many of them by public
>beheading.
>
>http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...audi-sentence-
>idUSBRE85P0RN20120626

This is what happens when you let religion get control of gvt.
Old July 10th 12, 05:21 AM posted to misc.survivalism,ca.driving,rec.autos.driving,sac.politics,misc.transport.road
pyotr filipivich

Gunner Asch > on Mon, 09 Jul 2012 19:13:43 -0700
typed in misc.survivalism the following:
>On Mon, 09 Jul 2012 17:25:22 -0700, Ashton Crusher >
>wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 08 Jul 2012 09:11:20 +0200, "Geoff" > wrote:
>>
>>>(Reuters) - A Saudi court sentenced a middle-aged joy-rider to
>>>death by beheading for accidentally killing two people while
>>>performing a car stunt near the capital Riyadh, the Saudi
>>>newspaper Al Watan reported on Tuesday.
>>>
>>>A pastime known as "drifting," in which drivers make their cars
>>>spin and skid at high speed, is popular among Saudi men with few
>>>options for entertainment in a conservative kingdom where
>>>cinemas do not exist and mixing between unrelated men and women
>>>is forbidden.
>>>
>>>Al Watan reported that the defendant, which it said identified
>>>himself as "Mutannish" - "he who ignores" in Arabic, struck and
>>>killed two men while performing the thrill-seeking stunt and
>>>fled the scene before being arrested.
>>>
>>>"The court of Onaiza handed down a sentence to kill the drifter
>>>'mutannish' by beheading as punishment for his heinous deed and
>>>to deter others who tamper with the nation's security," the
>>>report stated.
>>>
>>>Al Watan did not say when the sentence would be carried out. A
>>>Justice Ministry spokesman could not be reached for comment.
>>>
>>>Saudi authorities have treated deaths resulting from acts of
>>>"drifting" as criminally negligent homicides.
>>>
>>>In 2005, a Saudi naval officer found guilty of killing three
>>>minors in a stunt-driving accident was handed a death sentence
>>>that was subsequently reduced to 3,000 lashes and 20 years in
>>>prison, according to local media.
>>>
>>>Saudi Arabia, which follows a strict version of Sunni Islam,
>>>does not have a written penal code and judges issue verdicts
>>>according to their own interpretation of the Koran.
>>>
>>>Amnesty International has said that at least 82 people were
>>>executed in Saudi Arabia last year, many of them by public
>>>beheading.
>>>
>>>http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...audi-sentence-
>>>idUSBRE85P0RN20120626

>>This is what happens when you let religion get control of gvt.

>Son...in the middle east..religion IS the government.
>
>Seriously. There is no distinction between the two. Shariah law..is
>"governmental law"
>
>Arncha glad you live in a 21st century culture, and not a 12th century
>one?

The "weird" part is how the progressives seem to wish to ally
themselves with the Jihadists in order to prevent their imagined
"Christist Theocratic Take overy". The only reason that I can puzzle
out, is that the Progressives, not being too astute students of
history or much anything else for that matter, seem to believe that
the Mullahs of Iran, or the Immans behind the Muslim Brotherhood, are
just like the Episcopalians, only in more colorful ethnic clothing.
Wrong they are.

And now, Progressives are petitioning the Un to ask the another
third world country to conform to their western standards of behavior,
calling upon the Ansar Dine to not follow their own colorful customs,
but those of the decadent westerners, and save the hisotrical sites in
Timbuktu.
--
pyotr filipivich
Obi-wan once observed"The Force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded."
Old July 11th 12, 02:57 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,sac.politics,misc.transport.road,misc.survivalism,ca.driving
Ashton Crusher[_2_]

On Mon, 09 Jul 2012 19:13:43 -0700, Gunner Asch >
wrote:

>On Mon, 09 Jul 2012 17:25:22 -0700, Ashton Crusher >
>wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 08 Jul 2012 09:11:20 +0200, "Geoff" > wrote:
>>
>>>(Reuters) - A Saudi court sentenced a middle-aged joy-rider to
>>>death by beheading for accidentally killing two people while
>>>performing a car stunt near the capital Riyadh, the Saudi
>>>newspaper Al Watan reported on Tuesday.
>>>
>>>A pastime known as "drifting," in which drivers make their cars
>>>spin and skid at high speed, is popular among Saudi men with few
>>>options for entertainment in a conservative kingdom where
>>>cinemas do not exist and mixing between unrelated men and women
>>>is forbidden.
>>>
>>>Al Watan reported that the defendant, which it said identified
>>>himself as "Mutannish" - "he who ignores" in Arabic, struck and
>>>killed two men while performing the thrill-seeking stunt and
>>>fled the scene before being arrested.
>>>
>>>"The court of Onaiza handed down a sentence to kill the drifter
>>>'mutannish' by beheading as punishment for his heinous deed and
>>>to deter others who tamper with the nation's security," the
>>>report stated.
>>>
>>>Al Watan did not say when the sentence would be carried out. A
>>>Justice Ministry spokesman could not be reached for comment.
>>>
>>>Saudi authorities have treated deaths resulting from acts of
>>>"drifting" as criminally negligent homicides.
>>>
>>>In 2005, a Saudi naval officer found guilty of killing three
>>>minors in a stunt-driving accident was handed a death sentence
>>>that was subsequently reduced to 3,000 lashes and 20 years in
>>>prison, according to local media.
>>>
>>>Saudi Arabia, which follows a strict version of Sunni Islam,
>>>does not have a written penal code and judges issue verdicts
>>>according to their own interpretation of the Koran.
>>>
>>>Amnesty International has said that at least 82 people were
>>>executed in Saudi Arabia last year, many of them by public
>>>beheading.
>>>
>>>http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...audi-sentence-
>>>idUSBRE85P0RN20120626

>>This is what happens when you let religion get control of gvt.

>Son...in the middle east..religion IS the government.
>
>Seriously. There is no distinction between the two. Shariah law..is
>"governmental law"
>
>Arncha glad you live in a 21st century culture, and not a 12th century
>one?
>
>Gunner

Yes but with people like Rick Santorum, who come right out and say
they want the law based on THEIR religion, Christianity, I think lots
of people want "sharia" style law in the US.
Old July 11th 12, 03:10 AM posted to misc.survivalism,ca.driving,rec.autos.driving,sac.politics,misc.transport.road
Jesus Christ

"pyotr filipivich" > wrote in message
> Gunner Asch > on Mon, 09 Jul 2012 19:13:43 -0700
> typed in misc.survivalism the following:
>>On Mon, 09 Jul 2012 17:25:22 -0700, Ashton Crusher >
>>wrote:

>>>This is what happens when you let religion get control of gvt.

>>Son...in the middle east..religion IS the government.
>>
>>Seriously. There is no distinction between the two. Shariah law..is
>>"governmental law"
>>
>>Arncha glad you live in a 21st century culture, and not a 12th century
>>one?

> The "weird" part is how the progressives seem to wish to ally
> themselves with the Jihadists in order to prevent their imagined
> "Christist Theocratic Take overy". The only reason that I can puzzle
> out, is that the Progressives, not being too astute students of
> history or much anything else for that matter, seem to believe that
> the Mullahs of Iran, or the Immans behind the Muslim Brotherhood, are
> just like the Episcopalians, only in more colorful ethnic clothing.
> Wrong they are.
>
> And now, Progressives are petitioning the Un to ask the another
> third world country to conform to their western standards of behavior,
> calling upon the Ansar Dine to not follow their own colorful customs,
> but those of the decadent westerners, and save the hisotrical sites in
> Timbuktu.

Funny, but I've never met a progressive who agrees with Sharia law.

Old July 11th 12, 04:59 AM posted to misc.survivalism,ca.driving,rec.autos.driving,sac.politics,misc.transport.road
Paul D. DeRocco

On 7/10/2012 10:10 PM, Jesus Christ wrote:

> Funny, but I've never met a progressive who agrees with Sharia law.

Me neither. But I've seen a lot of progressives who seem a lot less
upset by it than they are by some imaginary threat of a Christian theocracy.

--

Ciao, Paul D. DeRocco
Paul mailto

Old July 11th 12, 05:07 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,sac.politics,misc.transport.road,misc.survivalism,ca.driving
Harry K

On Jul 10, 6:57*pm, Ashton Crusher > wrote:
> On Mon, 09 Jul 2012 19:13:43 -0700, Gunner Asch >
> wrote:
>

> >On Mon, 09 Jul 2012 17:25:22 -0700, Ashton Crusher >
> >wrote:

> >>This is what happens when you let religion get control of gvt.

> >Son...in the middle east..religion IS the government.

> >Seriously. There is no distinction between the two. *Shariah law..is
> >"governmental law"

> >Arncha glad you live in a 21st century culture, and not a 12th century
> >one?

> >Gunner

> Yes but with people like Rick Santorum, who come right out and say
> they want the law based on THEIR religion, Christianity, I think lots
> of people want "sharia" style *law in the US.

Only if it is one from _their_cult.

Harry K
Old July 11th 12, 07:49 AM posted to misc.survivalism,ca.driving,rec.autos.driving,sac.politics,misc.transport.road
pyotr filipivich

Gunner Asch > on Tue, 10 Jul 2012 00:43:22 -0700
typed in misc.survivalism the following:
>On Mon, 09 Jul 2012 21:21:56 -0700, pyotr filipivich
> wrote:
>
>>Gunner Asch > on Mon, 09 Jul 2012 19:13:43 -0700
>>typed in misc.survivalism the following:

>>>Son...in the middle east..religion IS the government.
>>>
>>>Seriously. There is no distinction between the two. Shariah law..is
>>>"governmental law"
>>>
>>>Arncha glad you live in a 21st century culture, and not a 12th century
>>>one?

>> The "weird" part is how the progressives seem to wish to ally
>>themselves with the Jihadists in order to prevent their imagined
>>"Christist Theocratic Take overy". The only reason that I can puzzle
>>out, is that the Progressives, not being too astute students of
>>history or much anything else for that matter, seem to believe that
>>the Mullahs of Iran, or the Immans behind the Muslim Brotherhood, are
>>just like the Episcopalians, only in more colorful ethnic clothing.
>>Wrong they are.
>>
>> And now, Progressives are petitioning the Un to ask the another
>>third world country to conform to their western standards of behavior,
>>calling upon the Ansar Dine to not follow their own colorful customs,
>>but those of the decadent westerners, and save the hisotrical sites in
>>Timbuktu.
>>--
>>pyotr filipivich
>>Obi-wan once observed"The Force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded."
>>Who knew Dubya was a Jedi Knight?

>When they get thrown off a building or have a wall toppled on them..its
>a bit late for them to learn about the judicial system of Islam.
>
>But..it works for me.

<Me too, for certain values of "work". I just wish they would go
_there_ to enjoy the Religion of Peace, rather than working so hard to
bring it here.
Old July 11th 12, 10:21 PM posted to misc.survivalism,ca.driving,rec.autos.driving,sac.politics,misc.transport.road
Jesus Christ

"Paul D. DeRocco" > wrote in message
> On 7/10/2012 10:10 PM, Jesus Christ wrote:
>>
>> Funny, but I've never met a progressive who agrees with Sharia law.

> Me neither. But I've seen a lot of progressives who seem a lot less upset
> by it than they are by some imaginary threat of a Christian theocracy.

Sharia law is no threat to the US. But Dominionism is very real. There are
many current politicians, all Republicans, who support various levels of a
Christian theocracy.

Old July 11th 12, 10:22 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,sac.politics,misc.transport.road,misc.survivalism,ca.driving
Jesus Christ

"Harry K" > wrote in message
>> Yes but with people like Rick Santorum, who come right out and say
>> they want the law based on THEIR religion, Christianity, I think lots
>> of people want "sharia" style law in the US.

> Only if it is one from _their_cult.

Yep. If the US ever becomes a Christian theocracy, look for all the
different Christian cults to battle it out over which brand of Christianity
gets to rule the country. Be careful what you wish for, Repubs.

Old July 12th 12, 01:10 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,sac.politics,misc.transport.road,misc.survivalism,ca.driving
Free Lunch

On Wed, 11 Jul 2012 19:23:54 -0400, Deucalion >
wrote in misc.transport.road:

>On Wed, 11 Jul 2012 16:22:55 -0500, "Jesus Christ" >
>wrote:

>>> Only if it is one from _their_cult.

>>Yep. If the US ever becomes a Christian theocracy, look for all the
>>different Christian cults to battle it out over which brand of Christianity
>>gets to rule the country. Be careful what you wish for, Repubs.

>I saw an article that said that Protestants had been losing numbers
>consistently over the past decade or so. I think that only leaves the
>Catholics since JW and Mormons aren't Christian. One only has to look
>at the Dark Ages to see how well that works out.

Catholics would be losing, too, if most immigrants were not already
Catholic.