94 caravan leaking oil?

Old June 13th 04, 07:48 AM
about_that_time

Default 94 caravan leaking oil?

I know this is an incredibly vague question, but I just bought a 94 Caravan,
with just under 74000 miles on it that seems to be leaking oil (and smelling
of burnt oil after driving for a while). I bought it off a co-worker after
he hit a deer with it and damaged the radiator. I just replaced the
radiator, which seems to be working fine, except that the temp sometimes
seems to rise while the van is stopped and running, but goes back to normal
after moving again.

My concern is simply the leaking and losing oil. I am planning on going away
in 6 days, and was thinking about taking this Caravan on a 1700 mile trip.
If anyone can suggest what the problem might be, or point me in the right
direction to do more reading to find out myself, I would greatly appreciate
it. The last thing I want to do it break down 800 miles from home with a
major problem.

Many many thanks in advance for any help.

- Jeff

Leaking exhaust Ulf BMW 10 December 10th 04 06:12 PM
Loss of Power Whilst Towing Caravan Stuart Thomson Audi 6 June 1st 04 09:46 PM
Caravan Transmission Issues Doug Dodge 1 April 29th 04 10:22 PM