horn

Old July 21st 05, 03:44 AM
PAUL HORVATH

Default horn

the horn on my 63 doesn't work. i tried a new horn and nothing. fuses are
all good. any tips? also when i have my turn signal engaged and i step on
the brake it stops blinking until i take my foot off the brake.

Old July 21st 05, 03:59 AM
remco

"PAUL HORVATH" > wrote in message
> the horn on my 63 doesn't work. i tried a new horn and nothing. fuses are
> all good. any tips? also when i have my turn signal engaged and i step on
> the brake it stops blinking until i take my foot off the brake.

Not sure on a 63, but on my 72 the wire to the horn goes along the steering
column near the steering coupler.
Maybe that connection came loose? Not sure if you can get to it without
taking the tank out, though..

Remco

Old July 21st 05, 03:00 PM
Remco

remco wrote:
> "PAUL HORVATH" > wrote in message
> > the horn on my 63 doesn't work. i tried a new horn and nothing. fuses are
> > all good. any tips? also when i have my turn signal engaged and i step on
> > the brake it stops blinking until i take my foot off the brake.
> >

> Not sure on a 63, but on my 72 the wire to the horn goes along the steering
> column near the steering coupler.
> Maybe that connection came loose? Not sure if you can get to it without
> taking the tank out, though..
>
> Remco

I knew the wire described was related to the horn and, after typing my
previous response, I became curious as to how this thing is actually
wired.
Check this article out -- it could be of use to you:
http://www.thebugshop.org/gotech.htm look for "horn wiring hell".

Old July 23rd 05, 04:50 PM
ITman

I had some horn problems. I took the steering wheel off and cleaned
the brass ring and all the contacts in the wheel. Mine works great
now. 74 Super though.
When in doubt, clean connectors.
Rob

Old July 26th 05, 03:59 AM
John Henry

Ground connection is bad in the taillight(s) Paul (for you second
issue). make sure the bulb has a good ground all the way to the
battery. See the "Horn Wiring Hell" at my site....

(a '63? Isn't that a "new" Beetle???)

JH

Old July 26th 05, 04:40 AM
John Willis

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 22:59:39 -0400, John Henry >
scribbled this interesting note:

>(a '63? Isn't that a "new" Beetle???)

From my point of view it is!:~)

--
John Willis

(Remove the Primes before e-mailing me)

Horn Replacement Tom T Jeep 0 February 27th 05 03:13 AM
security system does not chirp after horn replacement ymg200 Saturn 4 February 20th 05 01:37 AM
Horn malfunction private Saturn 7 February 16th 05 05:12 PM
Horn Wiring Hell - Escaped Spike VW air cooled 0 November 14th 04 06:37 PM
horn cable connections. spare brown wire!?? Spike VW air cooled 1 October 16th 04 02:51 PM