Car died

Old March 19th 10, 01:11 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Default Car died

Frank Berger wrote:
> pws wrote:
>> Frank Berger wrote:
>>
>>> I have a friend who's a mechanic and buys and sells cars for a side
>>> living. He went down to the weekly fleet auction today and got me
>>> Black 2009 Camry SE, less than 30K miles, for about $15,000. This
>>> will be for my wife. I'll inherit the Explorer temporarily. I
>>> really *want* to replace it with something sportier, but I'm not
>>> sure whether it should be another Miata.

>> Excellent choice! I am going to look for a similar deal for my
>> parents soon.

> My wife loves the Camry. Saw a 2004 Mazdaspeed (50K miles) and a 2005
> Silver with 15K (!) miles listed locally. Hmmm. Drove the Explorer the
> last couple of days. It's nice being able to listen to music. If I don't
> get a Miata, that will be the reason.

I also like to hear music in the car, especially when making longer
trips. I had some vintage Hank Snow playing yesterday, they just don't
come like that anymore.

"The Horses Prayer" is completely awesome, with lyrics like, "Examine my
teeth when I don't eat. I may have an ulcerated tooth, and that is very
painful".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuIti2461Tk

The Mazdaspeed has been calling to me for a few years now. If I get,
(and keep), the job that I interviewed for this week, it will probably
be a toss-up between that and a 2008 or 2009 NC with the PRHT.

Good luck!

Pat
Old March 19th 10, 08:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Frank Berger

pws wrote:
> Frank Berger wrote:
>> pws wrote:

>>> Excellent choice! I am going to look for a similar deal for my
>>> parents soon.

>> My wife loves the Camry. Saw a 2004 Mazdaspeed (50K miles) and a
>> 2005 Silver with 15K (!) miles listed locally. Hmmm. Drove the
>> Explorer the last couple of days. It's nice being able to listen to
>> music. If I don't get a Miata, that will be the reason.

> I also like to hear music in the car, especially when making longer
> trips. I had some vintage Hank Snow playing yesterday, they just don't
> come like that anymore.
>
> "The Horses Prayer" is completely awesome, with lyrics like, "Examine
> my teeth when I don't eat. I may have an ulcerated tooth, and that is
> very painful".
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuIti2461Tk
>
> The Mazdaspeed has been calling to me for a few years now. If I get,
> (and keep), the job that I interviewed for this week, it will probably
> be a toss-up between that and a 2008 or 2009 NC with the PRHT.
>
> Good luck!
>
> Pat

Mostly into classical music myself, also classic rock like Neil Young, Pink
Floyd, Zeppelin, Pretenders, Talkng Heads. Female singer-songwriters like
Rickie Lee Jones, Jann Arden, Laura Nyro, Katell Keinig, others I'm
forgetting. Went through a jazz period in college. Not so much any more.
I still listen occasionaly to Artie Shaw, Bill Evans. I can really listen to
just about anything, even CW, but always return to Classical.

Good look with the job. I'm 62 and have had two jobs after finishing
school. One for 11 years, the current one for 27. I wonder how unusual
that is nowadays.

Old March 19th 10, 08:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Default Music & jobs (was Car died) NMC

Frank Berger wrote:
> pws wrote:
>> Frank Berger wrote:

>>> My wife loves the Camry. Saw a 2004 Mazdaspeed (50K miles) and a
>>> 2005 Silver with 15K (!) miles listed locally. Hmmm. Drove the
>>> Explorer the last couple of days. It's nice being able to listen to
>>> music. If I don't get a Miata, that will be the reason.

>> I also like to hear music in the car, especially when making longer
>> trips. I had some vintage Hank Snow playing yesterday, they just don't
>> come like that anymore.
>>
>> "The Horses Prayer" is completely awesome, with lyrics like, "Examine
>> my teeth when I don't eat. I may have an ulcerated tooth, and that is
>> very painful".
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuIti2461Tk
>>
>> The Mazdaspeed has been calling to me for a few years now. If I get,
>> (and keep), the job that I interviewed for this week, it will probably
>> be a toss-up between that and a 2008 or 2009 NC with the PRHT.
>>
>> Good luck!
>>
>> Pat

> Mostly into classical music myself, also classic rock like Neil Young, Pink
> Floyd, Zeppelin, Pretenders, Talkng Heads. Female singer-songwriters like
> Rickie Lee Jones, Jann Arden, Laura Nyro, Katell Keinig, others I'm
> forgetting. Went through a jazz period in college. Not so much any more.
> I still listen occasionaly to Artie Shaw, Bill Evans. I can really listen to
> just about anything, even CW, but always return to Classical.

I was kind of kidding about The Horses Prayer, though Hank Snow is
pretty cool. :-)

Mostly classic rock/heavy metal from the 70's and 80's for me. A lot of
what you listed is in my music selection.

I am old enough, however, that I can't really seem to get into Lady
Gaga. ;-)

> Good look with the job. I'm 62 and have had two jobs after finishing
> school. One for 11 years, the current one for 27. I wonder how unusual
> that is nowadays.

Very unusual I would think. I filed ten W-2's in two years, and lost
track of the total number of jobs a long time ago, but definitely over
30 total.

What makes it especially bad is that the last time I punched a time
clock was 9 years ago....................

Pat
Old March 20th 10, 10:40 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Rob[_21_]

Frank Berger > wrote:

> Good look with the job. I'm 62 and have had two jobs after finishing
> school. One for 11 years, the current one for 27. I wonder how unusual
> that is nowadays.

I took early retirement in April 2008 after 35 years in the only job I
ever had since leaving college :-)

--
So many cats
So few recipes

Has this NG died again? Papa VW water cooled 1 December 26th 06 01:10 AM
car died ??? [email protected] Saturn 2 December 3rd 06 01:58 PM
car died ??? [email protected] Technology 1 December 2nd 06 12:37 PM
Bug died - Again!!!! Houdsie VW air cooled 8 June 5th 06 01:52 AM
96 LT1 just died Scubabix Corvette 9 July 29th 05 02:48 AM