Herbie !!

Old June 5th 05, 03:26 AM
Kevin Holzer

Shag wrote:
> On Sat, 4 Jun 2005 18:31:02 -0500, "johnboy" >
> wrote:
>

>>http://images6.fotki.com/v103/photos...Tour033-vi.jpg
>>
>>That is so pathetic I am a loss for words. What kind of pansies started this
>>whole trailer-queen poseur showboat thang? They ought to be strung up by the
>>balls, but they probably left them at home with their boyfriends.
>>

> What is pathetic about promoting the movie? What do you thing they
> should have done in all of your infinite wisdom? *snicker* Drive the
> car all around the country? HAHAHA! You're a ****tard, john.

There are a number of Karmann Ghia's taking the same path as herbie, and
almost all of them are on their own four wheels. Not too many are doing
the entire treffen, but there are a handful.
Granted, Ghia's are fine handbuilt Italian automobiles while bugs and
the rest are kind of riff-raff if you ask me. KIDDING!
-Kevin
Old June 5th 05, 12:31 PM
Shag

On Sat, 04 Jun 2005 19:26:55 -0700, Kevin Holzer >
wrote:

>Shag wrote:
>> On Sat, 4 Jun 2005 18:31:02 -0500, "johnboy" >
>> wrote:
>>

>>>http://images6.fotki.com/v103/photos...Tour033-vi.jpg
>>>
>>>That is so pathetic I am a loss for words. What kind of pansies started this
>>>whole trailer-queen poseur showboat thang? They ought to be strung up by the
>>>balls, but they probably left them at home with their boyfriends.
>>>

>> What is pathetic about promoting the movie? What do you thing they
>> should have done in all of your infinite wisdom? *snicker* Drive the
>> car all around the country? HAHAHA! You're a ****tard, john.
>>

>There are a number of Karmann Ghia's taking the same path as herbie, and
>almost all of them are on their own four wheels. Not too many are doing
>the entire treffen, but there are a handful.

And if one of them breaks down and can't make it any further then
nobody will care except the owner of that car. That's not the case
for the "star of the show" and john knows it. It just the way john
is. I can't help having my opinion of him just go lower and lower
about every time he posts something. He's become "not worth the
time."

Old June 5th 05, 02:34 PM
Remco

Bill Berckman wrote:
> Nice Photos. I went to see a movie (The Longest Yard) on Saturday,
> and they had a big cardboard Herbie on the wall promoting the movie.
> Wonder if they would have noticed it I walked away with it.

Thanks for sharing your great pix and the update, Susan. Looks like you
guys had a blast!

That's a cool idea, Bill!
It would be cool to decorate the garage with one of them. Wonder what
they do with the posters when they are done with them...?

I don't get this hating on Herbie:
Here's a movie that draws some attention to this hobby - What could
possibly be wrong with that?
So big deal they trailer the bug, wanting to make sure that nothing
goes wrong with their multimillion dollar investment. Working on bugs
is not their hobby - making money is. What would you do if you had this
kind of money invested? The bug has to look good 100% of the time and
this is the way to ensure it.

Old June 5th 05, 04:47 PM
johnboy

"Susan S." > wrote in message
. ..

> And Johnboy....didn't your mama ever teach you that if you don't have
> something nice to
> say, just keep your mouth shut ????

Girl, that's the perfect path to nowhere. Ya wanna be a Pollyana all yer
life? Jan wrote above about the engine builder you deserve.

Old June 5th 05, 05:55 PM
Shag

On 5 Jun 2005 06:34:13 -0700, "Remco" > wrote:

>Bill Berckman wrote:
>> Nice Photos. I went to see a movie (The Longest Yard) on Saturday,
>> and they had a big cardboard Herbie on the wall promoting the movie.
>> Wonder if they would have noticed it I walked away with it.

>Thanks for sharing your great pix and the update, Susan. Looks like you
>guys had a blast!
>
>That's a cool idea, Bill!
>It would be cool to decorate the garage with one of them. Wonder what
>they do with the posters when they are done with them...?
>
>I don't get this hating on Herbie:
>Here's a movie that draws some attention to this hobby - What could
>possibly be wrong with that?
>So big deal they trailer the bug, wanting to make sure that nothing
>goes wrong with their multimillion dollar investment. Working on bugs
>is not their hobby - making money is. What would you do if you had this
>kind of money invested? The bug has to look good 100% of the time and
>this is the way to ensure it.

That is clear to most of us. ;-)

Old June 5th 05, 06:35 PM
Tim Rogers

"johnboy" > wrote in message

> ...........snip.........Jan wrote above about the engine builder you

deserve.

................You're just about over the line with that one John. Say
you're sorry or Chris & Travis will start flaming the frigging $h!+ out of
you all over again and I'm too sensitive to be reading that stuff even
though I can't help myself and read it anyway because it's pretty good $h!+.

timmy

Old June 5th 05, 07:03 PM
johnboy

"Tim Rogers" > wrote in message
> "johnboy" > wrote in message
>>
>> ...........snip.........Jan wrote above about the engine builder you

> deserve.

> ...............You're just about over the line with that one John. Say
> you're sorry or Chris & Travis will start flaming the frigging $h!+ out of
> you all over again and I'm too sensitive to be reading that stuff even
> though I can't help myself and read it anyway because it's pretty good
> $h!+.

Now if you can't say something nice .... I'll post pictures of my severed
left hand part... oh, forgot that's everyday for you. Darn.

Me doubts Chris will flame me for the Herbie thang.

If life looks any dimmer to me soon, I'll be building a Herpies Beetle.
Imagine the paint job. And I'll take bids to NOT drive it coast to coast. VW
and them drug companies have deep pockets. I'll be rich either way.

Old June 5th 05, 07:22 PM
Shag

On Sun, 5 Jun 2005 13:03:07 -0500, "johnboy" >
wrote:

>"Tim Rogers" > wrote in message
>> "johnboy" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> ...........snip.........Jan wrote above about the engine builder you

>> deserve.

>> ...............You're just about over the line with that one John. Say
>> you're sorry or Chris & Travis will start flaming the frigging $h!+ out of
>> you all over again and I'm too sensitive to be reading that stuff even
>> though I can't help myself and read it anyway because it's pretty good
>> $h!+.

>Now if you can't say something nice .... I'll post pictures of my severed
>left hand part... oh, forgot that's everyday for you. Darn.
>
>Me doubts Chris will flame me for the Herbie thang.

If he doesn't it's just because he's got more important things to do.
If I still had stuff to do today other than sit here and watch the
race then I wouldn't have said anything either.

>If life looks any dimmer to me soon, I'll be building a Herpies Beetle.

Cry me a river. Maybe you "deserve" your situation like you said
someone else "deserved" a particular kind of mechanic. Speaking of
whining, my hands actually feel great now. Must be something in the
por-15 that cured them. WOOT!

Old June 5th 05, 07:26 PM
Tim Rogers

"johnboy" > wrote in message

> Now if you can't say something nice .... I'll post pictures of my severed
> left hand part... oh, forgot that's everyday for you. Darn.
>
> Me doubts Chris will flame me for the Herbie thang.
>
> If life looks any dimmer to me soon, I'll be building a Herpies Beetle.
> Imagine the paint job. And I'll take bids to NOT drive it coast to coast.

VW
> and them drug companies have deep pockets. I'll be rich either way.

................You lost part of your left hand from herpes? I'm afraid to
ask what you were doing with that hand.

<<<<sorry......I just couldn't resist that one>>>>

:-)

Old June 5th 05, 07:33 PM
Tim Rogers

"Shag" > wrote in message

> ............snip.............Speaking of
> whining, my hands actually feel great now.
> Must be something in the
> por-15 that cured them. WOOT!

.................Maybe the gasoline killed that fungus. Try some jock itch
cream on them next time.

timmy