How may players are renting iRacing?

Old September 24th 08, 06:30 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
jeffareid

Default How may players are renting iRacing?

It was posted at RSC that they reached 4,000 a while ago.

Has it reached 5,000 yet?

Old September 24th 08, 11:48 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
[email protected]

On 24 Sep., 07:30, "jeffareid" > wrote:
> It was posted at RSC that they reached 4,000 a while ago.
>
> Has it reached 5,000 yet?

61xx tells iracing statistics.

Old September 25th 08, 11:23 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
jeffareid

>> Has it reached 5,000 (number of players) yet?
> 61xx tells iracing statistics.

I assum that means over 6100 players now. So it seems to be a
linear growth rate instead of an exponential one.

As previously posted, my guess is that iRacing current business model
(service oriented) would last 3 years if that.

at around $25 million, which seemed high, until I did some research
and found that but most big name games cost $10 to $20 million
to produce, not including marketing, usually in a 1 to 3 year development
cycle, but these games sell in the millions, numbers that few sim
oriented games achieve. (Need for Speed ProStreet sold over 5 million
copies. Codemasters current game GRID, cost 6.8 million pounds (about
$12.5 million) and is estimated to sell around 2 million copies.

Looking at costs and units sold is where I see a problem with iRacing.
I'ver read that they have spent about $18 million of the $25 million
already, and I don't know what their "burn rate" (ongoing costs),
but even 10,000 players only translates into about $2 million per
year.

If the number of iRacing players ends up at around 40,000 players or
more, it would be a big success. With other racing games selling
in the millions, perhaps iRacing will get there.

Old September 25th 08, 11:47 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Remco Moedt

On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 03:23:10 -0700, "jeffareid"
> wrote:

>>> Has it reached 5,000 (number of players) yet?

>> 61xx tells iracing statistics.

>I assum that means over 6100 players now. So it seems to be a
>linear growth rate instead of an exponential one.

I'm not sure all of those 6100 are still active. There was a message
on the iracing forum that the number of drivers dropped somewhat
because not all invites did continue their subscription.

Tomorrow my subscription will expire, and I've decided not to continue
with it for the moment. I guess there will be more like me..

Cheers!

Remco

Old September 25th 08, 12:18 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Andrew MacPherson[_2_]

no@email (Remco Moedt) wrote:

> I'm not sure all of those 6100 are still active.

That's the tricky part to work out. If you went through every driver's details and
counted all those who hadn't raced for three weeks or more you might have I rough
idea about the activity level. You'd also have no life whatsoever. :-)

Andrew McP

Old September 25th 08, 01:41 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry[_1_]

Part of the reason for this is the Silver Crown, and I _think_ C Class is
where most racers are right now. It's not a big hit (has nothing to do with
the quality of the car modeling, which is fine). Of course I have no way of
knowing, but I can't help but feel there will be changes in the C Class next
season.

Old September 29th 08, 07:12 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry[_1_]

And I was right...

-Larry

Old October 7th 08, 01:59 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
hoover

On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 10:47:37 GMT, Remco Moedt wrote:

> Tomorrow my subscription will expire, and I've decided not to continue
> with it for the moment. I guess there will be more like me..

Same here, subscription expires in December and I haven't turned a wheel in iR for the last eight weeks or so.

Day 28 in the Big iRacing house <-- warning, long and about iRacing Andrew MacPherson Simulators 29 October 1st 08 08:54 AM
renting a corvette observer Corvette 5 November 9th 07 02:22 PM
Help - connecting MP3 players to the in-dash radio head unit yuval Ford Explorer 1 January 26th 06 11:59 PM
Are there mp3/DVD Players for PT? pe2 Chrysler 1 December 1st 05 03:13 PM
Hyper Stimulator players? JML Simulators 14 September 27th 05 06:40 PM