GM Settles Saturn VTi lawsuit

Old September 16th 08, 05:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
marx404

Default GM Settles Saturn VTi lawsuit

No, this isn't a boost to help Stevie or Mr. Fag, just posting some useful
info about the old VTi VUE and ION models.

My two cents is, I do find it ironic that other manufacturers were for the
most part able to get it right, take for instance the Nissan Murano or
current Ford 500 with VTi tyrannies, so what exactly did happen that Saturn
was not successful with he VTi/CVT transmissions? Personally, I have seen as
many owners of these cars who have NOT had trouble with these cars as those
who have. I'm sure if you Google him you will find my old friend FastION who
races his souped up VTi Quad Coupe down in FL.

Personally, I was thrilled when Saturn returned to the old GM standby
tranny, the Hydro-Matic, which in my opinion has been one of the best out
there in decades. I know that GM also extended the warranties of all VTi
owners to cover any potential issues, that was a good thing. Looks like the
settlement will be assisting all VUE and ION 2002 to 2005 (mid-yr) VTi
owners. Saturn discontinued this transmission in mid-2005 and extended all
VTi warranties.

http://wot.motortrend.com/6295256/re...ion/index.html

--
marx404
<all gmail posts blocked>

Old September 16th 08, 08:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
PerfectReign[_1_]

marx404 turned on the Etch-A-Sketch and wrote:

> Personally, I was thrilled when Saturn returned to the old GM standby
> tranny, the Hydro-Matic,

That's such a 50's - era space age term, isn't it?

I know my truck (not the saturn) has the 4L60E, but I like to call it the
Hydro-matic, just because it evolved from the hydramatic 700r4.

powered by the lizard: www.opensuse.org
Old September 17th 08, 01:42 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
marx404

Yep, every time I hear "Hydro-matic" I think right back to the movie Back to
the Future, LOL.

--
marx404
<all gmail posts blocked>