Steeringwheel Interchangability

Old May 10th 04, 09:27 PM
SteveH

Default Steeringwheel Interchangability

Does anyone know what other steering wheels will fit a 75?

My 75 has a leather wheel that's gone 'sticky', and I can't find
anything to restore it - so the leather is currently coming off all over
my hands.

It's very hard to find a decent used 75 steering wheel, so I was
thinking of grabbing a 164 item as an alternative.

VW Golf GL Cabrio - Alfa 75 TS - Alfa 155 TS Lusso - COSOC KOTL
Old May 10th 04, 10:29 PM
Stef

In alt.autos.alfa-romeo,
SteveH > wrote:
>Does anyone know what other steering wheels will fit a 75?
>
>My 75 has a leather wheel that's gone 'sticky', and I can't find
>anything to restore it - so the leather is currently coming off all over
>my hands.
>
>It's very hard to find a decent used 75 steering wheel, so I was
>thinking of grabbing a 164 item as an alternative.

When I switched from a 33 to a 75, I noticed the steeringwheel looked
exactly the same. It even has the same little hole in the padding
somewhere on the backside, probably a leftover from the moulding
process. Both mine are/where are plastic, not leather. Don't know
about hub size etc, but you could have a look at a 33 wheel.

--
Stef (remove caps, dashes and .invalid from e-mail address to reply)

You want to know why I kept getting promoted? Because my mouth knows more
than my brain.
-- W.G.
Old May 10th 04, 10:31 PM
Pete M

In ,
SteveH > decided to enlighten our sheltered souls
with a rant as follows
> Does anyone know what other steering wheels will fit a 75?
>
> My 75 has a leather wheel that's gone 'sticky', and I can't find
> anything to restore it - so the leather is currently coming off all
> over my hands.
>
> It's very hard to find a decent used 75 steering wheel, so I was
> thinking of grabbing a 164 item as an alternative.

Hmm, I think there might be a Momo wheel somewhere in my mates garage for a
75. I'll have a peep for you.. IIRC, it was pretty much stuck on the
column..

--
Pete M - Ford Capri !!! - Mercedes 500 SEL,

Scouse Git extraordinaire. Liverpool, Great Britain

Old May 10th 04, 11:06 PM
SteveH

Pete M > wrote:

> In ,
> SteveH > decided to enlighten our sheltered souls
> with a rant as follows
> > Does anyone know what other steering wheels will fit a 75?
> >
> > My 75 has a leather wheel that's gone 'sticky', and I can't find
> > anything to restore it - so the leather is currently coming off all
> > over my hands.
> >
> > It's very hard to find a decent used 75 steering wheel, so I was
> > thinking of grabbing a 164 item as an alternative.

> Hmm, I think there might be a Momo wheel somewhere in my mates garage for a
> 75. I'll have a peep for you.. IIRC, it was pretty much stuck on the
> column..

You need a special Alfa steering puller to get them off usually.

But, if you can have a look, that'd be handy.
VW Golf GL Cabrio - Alfa 75 TS - Alfa 155 TS Lusso - COSOC KOTL
Old May 11th 04, 05:28 AM
Pete M

In ,
SteveH > decided to enlighten our sheltered souls
with a rant as follows
> Pete M > wrote:
>
>> In ,
>> SteveH > decided to enlighten our sheltered
>> souls with a rant as follows
>>> Does anyone know what other steering wheels will fit a 75?
>>>
>>> My 75 has a leather wheel that's gone 'sticky', and I can't find
>>> anything to restore it - so the leather is currently coming off all
>>> over my hands.
>>>
>>> It's very hard to find a decent used 75 steering wheel, so I was
>>> thinking of grabbing a 164 item as an alternative.

>> Hmm, I think there might be a Momo wheel somewhere in my mates
>> garage for a
>> 75. I'll have a peep for you.. IIRC, it was pretty much stuck on the
>> column..

> You need a special Alfa steering puller to get them off usually.

indeed, it's a bit strange in the corner of the garage, a steering wheel
complete with column..

> But, if you can have a look, that'd be handy.

I mosht shertainly will.