Speeding ticket paper trail....

Old June 2nd 05, 02:14 AM
Goo

Default Speeding ticket paper trail....

Looking for opinions......

Here's the quick rundown....

- I have a Saskatchewan license.

- Got a speeding ticket in Alberta.

- Will be transferring plates and license to B.C. in 2 weeks.

Of course my opinion is that the expensive ticket was a bull****
speedtrap (5 cars at a time being pulled in, over and over)... so my
question is... if I ignore this ticket, will it track me to the B.C.
license?

Don't know how much back and forth talking these provincial databases
can do these days...

Old June 2nd 05, 05:14 AM
Dane Metcalfe

"Goo" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> Looking for opinions......
>

> Here's the quick rundown....
>

> - I have a Saskatchewan license.
>
> - Got a speeding ticket in Alberta.
>
> - Will be transferring plates and license to B.C. in 2 weeks.
>

> Of course my opinion is that the expensive ticket was a bull****
> speedtrap (5 cars at a time being pulled in, over and over)... so my
> question is... if I ignore this ticket, will it track me to the B.C.
> license?
>
> Don't know how much back and forth talking these provincial databases
> can do these days...

Lol, they probably aren't computer linked, as networking simply hasn't
caught on yet in Canada, is that what your saying?

Old June 2nd 05, 04:14 PM
Theodore A. Kaldis

Dane Metcalfe wrote:

> "Goo" wrote:

>> Looking for opinions ...

>> Here's the quick rundown ...

>> - I have a Saskatchewan license.

>> - Got a speeding ticket in Alberta.

>> - Will be transferring plates and license to B.C. in 2 weeks.

>> Of course my opinion is that the expensive ticket was a bull**** speedtrap
>> (5 cars at a time being pulled in, over and over) ... so my question is
>> ... if I ignore this ticket, will it track me to the B.C. license?

Most likely. But if you change your licence from Sask. to B.C. berore the
unpaid ticket is linked to your Sask. licence, it will probably take longer
for them to find you. It is possible that they may not catch up to you at
all -- but (if Canada is anything like the U.S.) Alberta will issue a bench
warrant on you. This means they don't go out looking for you, but if they
find you they will take you to jail. And a B.C. licence won't provide very
much cover, because they will be looking at your name and date of birth.

>> Don't know how much back and forth talking these provincial databases can
>> do these days ...

> Lol, they probably aren't computer linked, as networking simply hasn't
> caught on yet in Canada, is that what your saying?

Don't be so sure. Canadian provinces have compacts for traffic enforcement
not only with other provinces, but also with U.S. states.
--
Theodore A. Kaldis

Old June 3rd 05, 12:56 AM
Goo

I don't think they'll be taking me to jail, considering rapists and
murderers don't go to jail sometimes....

.... wait, what am I saying. Canadian law is ass-backwards and
corrupt, you're right, maybe I will go to jail for a speeding ticket.

Meanwhile, corporate raiders can bankrupt entire cities without
penalties, but my ticket will be a inter-provincial crisis.

See, now you've got me on a rant.

Actually, from making calls, looks like the worst that would happen if
I ignored the ticket is they'd get a collection agency after me.

So I'd rather pay something then have someone with broken English
calling me at work...