98 Prelude Mileage?

Old April 8th 08, 09:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
[email protected]

Default 98 Prelude Mileage?

I own a 1998 Prelude which has an automatic transmission, I purchased
this car about 7 months ago. What kind of mileage do you Prelude
owners get?

I seem to average around 20 mpg which only gets worse in cold weather
driving. On a full tank I might get 280 miles, some times 270 if I'm
lucky once in a while I get about 290 to a tank. This seems to be
about 40/60 city & highway.

I like this car but would like better MPG. I recently changed the
plugs & air filter but that's it.

Should I be getting better than this?
Old April 9th 08, 12:10 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Elle[_2_]

> wrote
>I own a 1998 Prelude which has an automatic transmission, I
>purchased
> this car about 7 months ago. What kind of mileage do you
> Prelude
> owners get?
>
> I seem to average around 20 mpg which only gets worse in
> cold weather
> driving. On a full tank I might get 280 miles, some times
> 270 if I'm
> lucky once in a while I get about 290 to a tank. This
> seems to be
> about 40/60 city & highway.

fueleconomy.gov says mileage should be around 21 mpg
combined city and highway for your Prelude.

> I like this car but would like better MPG. I recently
> changed the
> plugs & air filter but that's it.

Try the tips at:
http://honda.lioness.googlepages.com/gasmileagetips to
ensure optimal mileage.

Old April 9th 08, 12:47 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
tww1491

> wrote in message
>I own a 1998 Prelude which has an automatic transmission, I purchased
> this car about 7 months ago. What kind of mileage do you Prelude
> owners get?
>
> I seem to average around 20 mpg which only gets worse in cold weather
> driving. On a full tank I might get 280 miles, some times 270 if I'm
> lucky once in a while I get about 290 to a tank. This seems to be
> about 40/60 city & highway.
>
> I like this car but would like better MPG. I recently changed the
> plugs & air filter but that's it.
>
> Should I be getting better than this?

You might get 27-28 on the highway -- which was what I typically got on the
01 5 spd I owned. 20 around town with your auto is probably about it. The
Prelude turns a high rpm -- I recollect 4200 at 80, so the mileage is not
what you would get on an I4 Accord.

84 Prelude CrazyPete Honda 1 July 20th 05 02:51 AM
High Mileage VW Bug Mileage Paul Regal VW air cooled 51 April 5th 05 07:36 AM
Prelude ALB Vic Honda 1 February 2nd 05 08:04 PM
Prelude air box Mark Nurczyk Honda 0 November 22nd 04 12:40 AM
Prelude 4WS askhutch Honda 0 November 11th 04 06:58 PM