Broken Spark Plug - Need help fast

Old January 29th 05, 04:00 AM
William. Boyd

larry moe 'n curly wrote:

> Daniel J. Stern wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 26 Jan 2005, William. Boyd wrote:
>>

>>>I use Liquid wrench, WD is good but the LW is a tad better.

>>Both of them are silly kid stuff. Kroil and Mopar 3418039
>>are the only two penetrating fluids worth messing with.
>>

> How well does PB Blaster compare?

You guys don't be so dead set that your experience of bygone times
remain the king of the road. There are many new innovations that
may set your long prided selection aside. Every day something new
comes out, some good and some not so good.

BILL P' :-)
Old January 29th 05, 05:06 AM
Daniel J. Stern

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005, William. Boyd wrote:

> >>Both of them are silly kid stuff. Kroil and Mopar 3418039
> >>are the only two penetrating fluids worth messing with.

> You guys don't be so dead set that your experience of bygone times
> remain the king of the road. There are many new innovations that may set
> your long prided selection aside. Every day something new comes out,
> some good and some not so good.

And you can either waste lots of time and money on unproven Doctor Mo-Jo's
Magic Loosen-All with Flex Fluoride and Vitamin E, or simply use what
works and get on with life.

Speaking of which, go get one.

Old January 29th 05, 09:44 AM
Joe

So spake another god.:

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 00:06:02 -0500, "Daniel J. Stern"

Old January 29th 05, 01:39 PM
Roy

"Daniel J. Stern" > wrote in message
.umich.edu...

>> You guys don't be so dead set that your experience of bygone times
>> remain the king of the road. There are many new innovations that may set
>> your long prided selection aside. Every day something new comes out,
>> some good and some not so good.

> And you can either waste lots of time and money on unproven Doctor Mo-Jo's
> Magic Loosen-All with Flex Fluoride and Vitamin E, or simply use what
> works and get on with life.
>
> Speaking of which, go get one.

I'm having a hard time deciding which is more annoying, your spam or your
participation .

Old January 29th 05, 11:08 PM
Max

PB Blaster does very well compared to WD40 Incredible difference.
Compared to the MOPAR stuff, I don't know, never used the dealer stuff.
Castle Chemical had some stuff called Thrust that worked fairly well
also.

Old January 29th 05, 11:20 PM
Lawrence Glickman

On 29 Jan 2005 15:08:33 -0800, "Max" > wrote:

>PB Blaster does very well compared to WD40 Incredible difference.
>Compared to the MOPAR stuff, I don't know, never used the dealer stuff.
>Castle Chemical had some stuff called Thrust that worked fairly well
>also.

I bought a can of PB Blaster just a couple of days ago, and used it on
my car where white lithium grease usually goes. What a goopy mess.

I'm certain my hood latch will never stick now if I never do anything
to it again, ever.

Compare that with my Gunk Liquid Wrench, which goes where no lubricant
has ever gone before. Of course, that liquid wrench penetrating oil
has zero surface tension, so it wicks itself into everywhere and
anywhere instantaneously.

Which is better? Can't say for sure, but that PB Blaster sure makes a
_mess_.

Lg

Old January 30th 05, 03:10 AM
William. Boyd

Lawrence Glickman wrote:

> On 29 Jan 2005 15:08:33 -0800, "Max" > wrote:
>

>>PB Blaster does very well compared to WD40 Incredible difference.
>>Compared to the MOPAR stuff, I don't know, never used the dealer stuff.
>>Castle Chemical had some stuff called Thrust that worked fairly well
>>also.

> I bought a can of PB Blaster just a couple of days ago, and used it on
> my car where white lithium grease usually goes. What a goopy mess.
>
> I'm certain my hood latch will never stick now if I never do anything
> to it again, ever.
>
> Compare that with my Gunk Liquid Wrench, which goes where no lubricant
> has ever gone before. Of course, that liquid wrench penetrating oil
> has zero surface tension, so it wicks itself into everywhere and
> anywhere instantaneously.
>
> Which is better? Can't say for sure, but that PB Blaster sure makes a
> _mess_.
>
> Lg

PB Penetrating Blaster works ok also, as well as Gunk's Liquid
wrench, but the, as some one said previously, need to get some real
penetrating oil. It is called Super-eez, by Texas Refinery
Corporation, (TRC,) Fort Worth TX. a little pricier though $7 per
aerosol spray can 13oz. at least that was the cost two years ago.
It lasts me a long time by using the other three first in turn,
WD-40, Liquid Wrench, PB Blaster then TRC Super-eez. then cutting torch.

BILL P.
The Shade Tree
Mechanic with
most of the
leaves missing
Old January 30th 05, 03:27 AM
Lawrence Glickman

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 21:10:49 -0600, "William. Boyd"
> wrote:

>Lawrence Glickman wrote:
>
>> On 29 Jan 2005 15:08:33 -0800, "Max" > wrote:
>>

>>>PB Blaster does very well compared to WD40 Incredible difference.
>>>Compared to the MOPAR stuff, I don't know, never used the dealer stuff.
>>>Castle Chemical had some stuff called Thrust that worked fairly well
>>>also.

>> I bought a can of PB Blaster just a couple of days ago, and used it on
>> my car where white lithium grease usually goes. What a goopy mess.
>>
>> I'm certain my hood latch will never stick now if I never do anything
>> to it again, ever.
>>
>> Compare that with my Gunk Liquid Wrench, which goes where no lubricant
>> has ever gone before. Of course, that liquid wrench penetrating oil
>> has zero surface tension, so it wicks itself into everywhere and
>> anywhere instantaneously.
>>
>> Which is better? Can't say for sure, but that PB Blaster sure makes a
>> _mess_.
>>
>> Lg
>>

>PB Penetrating Blaster works ok also, as well as Gunk's Liquid
>wrench, but the, as some one said previously, need to get some real
>penetrating oil. It is called Super-eez, by Texas Refinery
>Corporation, (TRC,) Fort Worth TX. a little pricier though $7 per
>aerosol spray can 13oz. at least that was the cost two years ago.
>It lasts me a long time by using the other three first in turn,
>WD-40, Liquid Wrench, PB Blaster then TRC Super-eez. then cutting torch.

I use the WD-40 all the time on almost everything, but hinges usually
were getting white moly grease. Now I dose them with PB Blaster and I
think it gets to where it is supposed to be -better- than white moly
grease. But it isn't a penetrating oil, that is for sure. Then
again, my can of it didn't mention "penetrating" on it, so I guess I
just bought the regular version of it.

IMO, possibly better than white moly grease, maybe better than WD40,
really hard to tell at this point.

Otoh, Liquid Wrench has never let me down yet, except in some rare
cases where the bolt and nut are so rusted it is hard to tell them
apart ( e.g. exhaust pipes ).

I couldn't find either the Kroil or Mopar penetrating oil.

Lg
DIY'r for the most part, until I get in over my head, and then it goes
to the shop where I get hammered in the wallet.

Old January 30th 05, 03:45 AM
William. Boyd

Lawrence Glickman wrote:

> On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 21:10:49 -0600, "William. Boyd"
> > wrote:
>

>>Lawrence Glickman wrote:

>>>I bought a can of PB Blaster just a couple of days ago, and used it on
>>>my car where white lithium grease usually goes. What a goopy mess.
>>>
>>>I'm certain my hood latch will never stick now if I never do anything
>>>to it again, ever.
>>>
>>>Compare that with my Gunk Liquid Wrench, which goes where no lubricant
>>>has ever gone before. Of course, that liquid wrench penetrating oil
>>>has zero surface tension, so it wicks itself into everywhere and
>>>anywhere instantaneously.
>>>
>>>Which is better? Can't say for sure, but that PB Blaster sure makes a
>>>_mess_.
>>>
>>>Lg
>>>

>>PB Penetrating Blaster works ok also, as well as Gunk's Liquid
>>wrench, but the, as some one said previously, need to get some real
>>penetrating oil. It is called Super-eez, by Texas Refinery
>>Corporation, (TRC,) Fort Worth TX. a little pricier though $7 per
>>aerosol spray can 13oz. at least that was the cost two years ago.
>>It lasts me a long time by using the other three first in turn,
>>WD-40, Liquid Wrench, PB Blaster then TRC Super-eez. then cutting torch.

> I use the WD-40 all the time on almost everything, but hinges usually
> were getting white moly grease. Now I dose them with PB Blaster and I
> think it gets to where it is supposed to be -better- than white moly
> grease. But it isn't a penetrating oil, that is for sure. Then
> again, my can of it didn't mention "penetrating" on it, so I guess I
> just bought the regular version of it.

Maybe there are more than one type of PB Blaster. But reading on the
can I am holding it clearly states that it is "Powerful Penetrating
Catalyst" and "Concentrated Copolymer Penetrant" also
"Revolutionary Penetrating Magnetic Lubricant" BILL P. ;-)

Old January 30th 05, 04:11 AM
Lawrence Glickman

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 21:45:38 -0600, "William. Boyd"
> wrote:
>
>Maybe there are more than one type of PB Blaster. But reading on the
>can I am holding it clearly states that it is "Powerful Penetrating
>Catalyst" and "Concentrated Copolymer Penetrant" also
>"Revolutionary Penetrating Magnetic Lubricant" BILL P. ;-)

Oh, it's now "magnetic" eh? It is attracted to iron but not
non-ferrous metals? Does it line up with the earth's magnetic poles?
Which side of the can is "South" and which part is "North", or does
that get mixed up if you shake the can first?

What is revolutionary is I bought a can of stuff that has printed on
it "AS SEEN ON TV" ;-\

Lg