!997 Mercury Sable CamShaft position Sensor

Old January 22nd 05, 10:26 PM
NevadaSable

Default !997 Mercury Sable CamShaft position Sensor

My 1997 Sable has a wierd problem. MIL light On, The only Code P0340
stored scanned at autozone. Problem Intermitant no shift out of 1st,
and no overdrive.
I understand how the ECM not understanding or getting RPM info could
cause shifting issues, I would think if I had Transmission solenoid or
Valve issues it would store a code in the 07 range. Any input
appreciated before I go off to the local ford dealer for the "FORD
TREATMENT"

Old January 22nd 05, 10:34 PM
aarcuda69062

In article
.com>,
"NevadaSable" > wrote:

> My 1997 Sable has a wierd problem. MIL light On, The only Code P0340
> stored scanned at autozone. Problem Intermitant no shift out of 1st,
> and no overdrive.
> I understand how the ECM not understanding or getting RPM info could
> cause shifting issues, I would think if I had Transmission solenoid or
> Valve issues it would store a code in the 07 range. Any input
> appreciated before I go off to the local ford dealer for the "FORD
> TREATMENT"

Odds are the AutoZoo code reader is incapable of retrieving
manufacturer specific codes. An OBD2 only scan tool will only
pull up OBD2 related codes, transmissions are not part of the
OBD2 protocol.
Old January 22nd 05, 11:03 PM
Lawrence Glickman

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 22:34:11 GMT, aarcuda69062
> wrote:

>In article
s.com>,
> "NevadaSable" > wrote:
>
>> My 1997 Sable has a wierd problem. MIL light On, The only Code P0340
>> stored scanned at autozone. Problem Intermitant no shift out of 1st,
>> and no overdrive.
>> I understand how the ECM not understanding or getting RPM info could
>> cause shifting issues, I would think if I had Transmission solenoid or
>> Valve issues it would store a code in the 07 range. Any input
>> appreciated before I go off to the local ford dealer for the "FORD
>> TREATMENT"

>Odds are the AutoZoo code reader is incapable of retrieving
>manufacturer specific codes

You win. Correct answer.
Autozoo uses an Actron 9135 which as you say, can't read
manufacturer-specific codes.

The model 9145 can and will, which is why it costs twice as much.

Anyhow, this is the Ford-Specifc DTC for that make/model/year car:

Camshaft Position Sensor A
Bank 1
Curcuit Malfunction

Lg

Old January 22nd 05, 11:19 PM
aarcuda69062

In article >,
Lawrence Glickman > wrote:

> You win. Correct answer.

Natch...

> Autozoo uses an Actron 9135 which as you say, can't read
> manufacturer-specific codes.

How much snow did you get there LG?
Old January 22nd 05, 11:33 PM
Lawrence Glickman

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 23:19:47 GMT, aarcuda69062
> wrote:

>In article >,
> Lawrence Glickman > wrote:
>
>> You win. Correct answer.

>Natch...
>
>> Autozoo uses an Actron 9135 which as you say, can't read
>> manufacturer-specific codes.

>How much snow did you get there LG?

Not that bad, actually. Less than 12 inches.

Lg

Old January 22nd 05, 11:46 PM
NevadaSable

Thanks Guys, just what I suspected.Now is it Ford or AAMCO