2005 GT Shaker 1000 system

Old July 20th 06, 09:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
JohnH[_2_]

Default 2005 GT Shaker 1000 system

I have said car with said sound system. I'm of an age (62) where I really
don't need all the bass produced by the amp and speakers in the trunk, and
want the extra room. I'm therefore thinking of selling the trunk mounted
woofer (boom box? whatever it's called).

Question - is it simply a matter of unbolting the unit and unplugging a few
wires? Also, can it be used with the Shaker 500 system by simply plugging
in a few wires, or must the complete radio (Shaker 1000) be installed as a
unit. My neighbor has a V6 with the Shaker 500, and I'd like to give them a
good deal on my woofer, if it is a simple plug and bolt operation.

TIA for any help!
***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****

John
Old July 21st 06, 12:05 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
John S.[_1_]

JohnH wrote:
> I have said car with said sound system. I'm of an age (62) where I really
> don't need all the bass produced by the amp and speakers in the trunk, and
> want the extra room. I'm therefore thinking of selling the trunk mounted
> woofer (boom box? whatever it's called).
>
> Question - is it simply a matter of unbolting the unit and unplugging a few
> wires? Also, can it be used with the Shaker 500 system by simply plugging
> in a few wires, or must the complete radio (Shaker 1000) be installed as a
> unit. My neighbor has a V6 with the Shaker 500, and I'd like to give them a
> good deal on my woofer, if it is a simple plug and bolt operation.
>
> TIA for any help!
> ***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****
>
> John

Very simple removal... couple of harnesses and a couple of bolts... I
believe a 15mm (could be wrong) but I know a deep well socket is needed
for one of them... LOL! I removed mine for the weight savings... saves
close to 70 pounds! LOL!

Old July 21st 06, 12:40 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
DS

"John S." > wrote in message
ps.com...

> JohnH wrote:
>> I have said car with said sound system. I'm of an age (62) where I really
>> don't need all the bass produced by the amp and speakers in the trunk,
>> and
>> want the extra room. I'm therefore thinking of selling the trunk mounted
>> woofer (boom box? whatever it's called).
>>
>> Question - is it simply a matter of unbolting the unit and unplugging a
>> few
>> wires? Also, can it be used with the Shaker 500 system by simply plugging
>> in a few wires, or must the complete radio (Shaker 1000) be installed as
>> unit. My neighbor has a V6 with the Shaker 500, and I'd like to give them
>> good deal on my woofer, if it is a simple plug and bolt operation.
>>
>> TIA for any help!
>> --
>> ***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****
>>
>> John

> Very simple removal... couple of harnesses and a couple of bolts... I
> believe a 15mm (could be wrong) but I know a deep well socket is needed
> for one of them... LOL! I removed mine for the weight savings... saves
> close to 70 pounds! LOL!

LOL!

Old July 21st 06, 12:43 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
JohnH[_2_]

On 20 Jul 2006 16:05:56 -0700, "John S." > wrote:

>JohnH wrote:
>> I have said car with said sound system. I'm of an age (62) where I really
>> don't need all the bass produced by the amp and speakers in the trunk, and
>> want the extra room. I'm therefore thinking of selling the trunk mounted
>> woofer (boom box? whatever it's called).
>>
>> Question - is it simply a matter of unbolting the unit and unplugging a few
>> wires? Also, can it be used with the Shaker 500 system by simply plugging
>> in a few wires, or must the complete radio (Shaker 1000) be installed as a
>> unit. My neighbor has a V6 with the Shaker 500, and I'd like to give them a
>> good deal on my woofer, if it is a simple plug and bolt operation.
>>
>> TIA for any help!
>> --
>> ***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****
>>
>> John

>Very simple removal... couple of harnesses and a couple of bolts... I
>believe a 15mm (could be wrong) but I know a deep well socket is needed
>for one of them... LOL! I removed mine for the weight savings... saves
>close to 70 pounds! LOL!

Do you know if it'll plug and bolt into a system with the Shaker 500?
***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****

John
Old July 21st 06, 11:05 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
John S.[_1_]

JohnH wrote:
> On 20 Jul 2006 16:05:56 -0700, "John S." > wrote:
>

> >JohnH wrote:
> >> I have said car with said sound system. I'm of an age (62) where I really
> >> don't need all the bass produced by the amp and speakers in the trunk, and
> >> want the extra room. I'm therefore thinking of selling the trunk mounted
> >> woofer (boom box? whatever it's called).
> >>
> >> Question - is it simply a matter of unbolting the unit and unplugging a few
> >> wires? Also, can it be used with the Shaker 500 system by simply plugging
> >> in a few wires, or must the complete radio (Shaker 1000) be installed as a
> >> unit. My neighbor has a V6 with the Shaker 500, and I'd like to give them a
> >> good deal on my woofer, if it is a simple plug and bolt operation.
> >>
> >> TIA for any help!
> >> --
> >> ******************************************
> >> ***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****
> >> ******************************************
> >>
> >> John

> >Very simple removal... couple of harnesses and a couple of bolts... I
> >believe a 15mm (could be wrong) but I know a deep well socket is needed
> >for one of them... LOL! I removed mine for the weight savings... saves
> >close to 70 pounds! LOL!

> Do you know if it'll plug and bolt into a system with the Shaker 500?
> ***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****
>
> John

Sorry... That I don't know... But if I had to guess I would say
probably not. Perhaps someting with more Shaker 500 knowledge can
comment...

Old July 21st 06, 05:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
JohnH[_2_]

On 21 Jul 2006 03:05:51 -0700, "John S." > wrote:

>JohnH wrote:

>> >Very simple removal... couple of harnesses and a couple of bolts... I
>> >believe a 15mm (could be wrong) but I know a deep well socket is needed
>> >for one of them... LOL! I removed mine for the weight savings... saves
>> >close to 70 pounds! LOL!

>> Do you know if it'll plug and bolt into a system with the Shaker 500?
>> --
>> ***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****
>>
>> John

>Sorry... That I don't know... But if I had to guess I would say
>probably not. Perhaps someting with more Shaker 500 knowledge can
>comment...

I'm afraid you may be correct. Thanks for the reply.
***** Have a Spectacular Day! *****

John