20th Anniversayr Edition

Old February 1st 10, 12:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Rob[_21_]

Default 20th Anniversayr Edition

I assume that this is just a UK model, as it was posted on a UK website,
but it looks as if Mazda are doing a Limited Edition 20th Anniversary
model.

<http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=21443>

It's a bit of a let down. It's the base-model with different wheels, a
few badgees and a bit of chrome. Oh yes, and a brace bar on the front.

I have no idea what they're trying to prove here, I'd have thought a
sporty edition with the 2 litre motor (and maybe a turbocharger -
pleeeease?) would have made a better anniversary model.

I won't be joining the queue (what queue?) for one...

--
So many cats
So few recipes
Old February 1st 10, 01:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Rob wrote:
> I assume that this is just a UK model, as it was posted on a UK website,
> but it looks as if Mazda are doing a Limited Edition 20th Anniversary
> model.
>
> <http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=21443>
>
> It's a bit of a let down. It's the base-model with different wheels, a
> few badgees and a bit of chrome. Oh yes, and a brace bar on the front.
>
> I have no idea what they're trying to prove here, I'd have thought a
> sporty edition with the 2 litre motor (and maybe a turbocharger -
> pleeeease?) would have made a better anniversary model.
>
> I won't be joining the queue (what queue?) for one...

Wow, it even has a choice of 3 colors, which is actually nice for the
buyer, but it will never stand out the way a 10AE does.

Even the '95, '96 & '97 M editions are instantly recognizable to me by
color in the daytime. The Starlight Mica blue that I had looks black to
me at night from a distance.

The 1994 "M" edition with Montego Blue paint looks like the rest of them
until I see the badges and wheels. That is how this 20AE will be.

I agree, more should have been done to set it apart.

Pat