Points to Electronic conversion

Old March 7th 05, 09:11 PM
Scott

Does anyone have any thoughts on Pertronix versus a full MSD setup
(box, coil, and distributor) in terms of performance? I know the MSD
costs a lot more.....

Scott

Spike wrote:
> I can identify with that..... Like when I was offered a choice

between

Old March 8th 05, 01:30 AM
.boB

Scott wrote:
> Does anyone have any thoughts on Pertronix versus a full MSD setup
> (box, coil, and distributor) in terms of performance? I know the MSD
> costs a lot more.....

The MSD system is excellent. It will be accurate
to about 9K rpm, and create a strong accurate spark
under heavy boost and with nitrous. Now, if that's the
kind of engine you have, then you need to spend the big
bux on it.
However, I suspect none of that applies to you. So
switching to a billet distributor with a control box,
fancy coil, big wires, etc, will not change the
performance of your engine. You can always pick up a
few ponies with a better ignition curve, but there are
cheaper ways to accomplish this.
But it will make your wallet significantly lighter.
And we know that less weight is always better

--
..boB
1997 HD FXDWG - Turbocharged!

2005 Ford Explorer 4x4 Auto [email protected] Ford Explorer 3 March 31st 05 01:33 PM
12V conversion question N8N Technology 1 February 9th 05 01:01 AM
electronic throttle? Bill Jones Ford Mustang 17 November 22nd 04 11:51 AM
Car conversion notes, addendum 2 David Dalton General 3 June 22nd 04 02:25 PM
FS 1966 Dodge Bus RV conversion Thomas Allemani Antique cars 0 March 13th 04 08:58 PM