88 Fox poor starting

Old November 27th 04, 01:45 AM
Lambert Moonen

Default 88 Fox poor starting

Old November 27th 04, 11:39 PM

goes to the 5th injector for cold starts

Old November 27th 04, 11:39 PM

goes to the 5th injector for cold starts

Old November 27th 04, 11:38 PM
Lambert Moonen

Dav your always a big help would you have a answer for my qeustion????
moony
nk.net...

Old November 28th 04, 12:15 AM
dave

>From: "Lambert Moonen"
>
>Dav your always a big help would you have a answer for my qeustion????
>moony
>"Lambert Moonen" > wrote in message
ink.net...

>> "Lambert Moonen" > wrote in message news:...
>>> have been on this site before with my problems 88 Fox for over a year I
>>> had trouble to start it .some mechanic screwed it up and could not fix
>>> it.finally
>>> an old friend of mine looked at it and found a crack
>>> in the distrubitor cap. placed new one and it starts like a charme. My
>>> qeustion is i figured the problem was in all the electronic gismos on the
>>> engine.
>>> My Clinton book shows a wire terminal15A on the solenoid going to the
>>> thermo switch can any one explain the function of this wire I never seen
>>> this wire before on my old V.W. beetles. what is the function ? does
>>> current go to thermo switch or the other way. can find no answer in de
>>> clinton book.
>>> Thanks Moony

Someone mentioned the cold start valve (AKA 5th fuel injector).
The extra wire on the starter solenoid eventually makes it to the cold start
valve to power it and aid in faster starts. It might go through a temperature
switch also.
There is a ground wire that needs to be checked also.
I just don't have it committed to memory. <:-)

later,
dave
Reminder........
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way,
when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their
shoes. Frieda Norris

Old November 28th 04, 12:15 AM
dave

Old November 29th 04, 07:50 AM
Lambert Moonen

Boy I ame learning a lot even with me being 72
well you never to old to learn new tricks except with the ladys das ist
kaput.!!!!!! danke

Old November 29th 04, 07:50 AM
Lambert Moonen

Old November 27th 04, 11:38 PM
Lambert Moonen

Old November 29th 04, 02:09 AM
Lambert Moonen

Dave Would you be able to expliane to me the function of the thermo switch
and connection to starter motor because you know wher you are talking about.
thanks moony