This time it wasn't too fast for conditions...

Old August 4th 06, 06:36 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent P[_1_]

Default This time it wasn't too fast for conditions...

Via fark.com....

http://www.nypost.com/news/regionaln...an_crowley.htm

"August 4, 2006 -- A Long Island man fell out of a moving vehicle and was
killed by another car, apparently while "skitching" - a thrill sport in
which someone hangs out of a moving car and slides his feet along the
road, police said."

<...>

"No charges were filed."

Old August 4th 06, 06:47 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Mike T.

"Brent P" > wrote in message
. ..

> Via fark.com....
>
> http://www.nypost.com/news/regionaln...an_crowley.htm
>
> "August 4, 2006 -- A Long Island man fell out of a moving vehicle and was
> killed by another car, apparently while "skitching" - a thrill sport in
> which someone hangs out of a moving car and slides his feet along the
> road, police said."
>
> <...>
>
> "No charges were filed."

Sure was too fast for conditions. If someone is hanging outside your
vehicle, then zero is an appropriate speed, and anything above that is
definitely too fast for conditions. -Dave

Old August 4th 06, 07:05 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent P[_1_]

In article ews.net>, Mike T. wrote:

> "Brent P" > wrote in message
> . ..
>>
>> Via fark.com....
>>
>> http://www.nypost.com/news/regionaln...an_crowley.htm
>>
>> "August 4, 2006 -- A Long Island man fell out of a moving vehicle and was
>> killed by another car, apparently while "skitching" - a thrill sport in
>> which someone hangs out of a moving car and slides his feet along the
>> road, police said."
>>
>> <...>
>>
>> "No charges were filed."

> Sure was too fast for conditions. If someone is hanging outside your
> vehicle, then zero is an appropriate speed, and anything above that is
> definitely too fast for conditions. -Dave

But... "No charges were filed."

Old August 4th 06, 07:06 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
morticide

Mike T. wrote:
> "Brent P" > wrote in message
> . ..
> >
> > Via fark.com....
> >
> > http://www.nypost.com/news/regionaln...an_crowley.htm
> >
> > "August 4, 2006 -- A Long Island man fell out of a moving vehicle and was
> > killed by another car, apparently while "skitching" - a thrill sport in
> > which someone hangs out of a moving car and slides his feet along the
> > road, police said."
> >
> > <...>
> >
> > "No charges were filed."

> Sure was too fast for conditions. If someone is hanging outside your
> vehicle, then zero is an appropriate speed, and anything above that is
> definitely too fast for conditions. -Dave

Also, if the person falls out of the vehicle, any speed above zero for
the other drivers is also too fast for conditions.

Damn...we're starting to sound like LBVH here...watch out...

Old August 4th 06, 07:06 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Mike T.

>> Sure was too fast for conditions. If someone is hanging outside your
>> vehicle, then zero is an appropriate speed, and anything above that is
>> definitely too fast for conditions. -Dave

> But... "No charges were filed."

Yet

Old August 4th 06, 07:14 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Mike T.

> Also, if the person falls out of the vehicle, any speed above zero for
> the other drivers is also too fast for conditions.
>
> Damn...we're starting to sound like LBVH here...watch out...

Actually, if you're going to argue that, then eventually we'd get to the
point where everybody is speeding as soon as they put the car in drive. The
only way to prepare for a body sliding from another moving vehicle into the
path of your vehicle is to simply park your own car, and LEAVE it parked,
until you can be sure that such will never happen.

That's why I'm not surprised that no charges have been filed against the
driver who ran the idiot over. But his friend who was driving the vehicle
the idiot was hanging off of? As a minimum, he should have his driver's
license revoked, permanantly, and that revocation should apply to all of
North America, as well as the rest of the world. He has no business at all
operating a motor vehicle, anywhere, EVER. -Dave

Old August 5th 06, 12:36 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Matthew Russotto

In article >,
Brent P > wrote:

>Via fark.com....
>
>http://www.nypost.com/news/regionaln...an_crowley.htm
>
>"August 4, 2006 -- A Long Island man fell out of a moving vehicle and was
>killed by another car, apparently while "skitching" - a thrill sport in
>which someone hangs out of a moving car and slides his feet along the
>road, police said."

Someone didn't understand the sport. You're supposed to be wearing
inline skates or riding a skateboard when you're skitching.

result in a fully-depreciated one.
Old August 5th 06, 01:37 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent P[_1_]

In article >, Matthew Russotto wrote:
> In article >,
> Brent P > wrote:
>>
>>Via fark.com....
>>
>>http://www.nypost.com/news/regionaln...an_crowley.htm
>>
>>"August 4, 2006 -- A Long Island man fell out of a moving vehicle and was
>>killed by another car, apparently while "skitching" - a thrill sport in
>>which someone hangs out of a moving car and slides his feet along the
>>road, police said."

> Someone didn't understand the sport. You're supposed to be wearing
> inline skates or riding a skateboard when you're skitching.

In the chicago area, skitching is done when the streets are snow covered,
without any wheeled thing under foot.

Old August 5th 06, 03:57 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
[email protected]

Brent P wrote:

> In the chicago area, skitching is done when the streets are snow covered,
> without any wheeled thing under foot.

A northern version of a conga line????

Can 02 Mustang show which cylinder misfires on scanner? John Shepardson Ford Mustang 3 August 29th 05 03:40 AM
The dangers of DRLs 223rem Driving 399 July 25th 05 11:28 PM
Stalling, dying, FIXED Brad and Mia Ford Mustang 11 December 17th 04 08:21 AM
guaranteed fast money richard cornelius Audi 0 August 23rd 04 01:28 AM