SN65: Bob finally posts some meat on Autorama

Old March 14th 06, 05:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default SN65: Bob finally posts some meat on Autorama

http://www.sn65.com/SN65%20chronolog...er%2006-03.htm

Also we're seeing some pictures on interior fit 'n' finish.

Truly drool-inducing.

I cant wait to see this car in Columbus, come July! Pictures hide a world
of little flaws...(why I was seldom impressed at car shows); it's the real
thing, up close and personal, that sets the level that got SN65 the
engineering award.

you pay..DEAL with it!
Old March 15th 06, 02:05 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Backyard Mechanic > wrote in
:

> http://www.sn65.com/SN65%20chronolog...er%2006-03.htm
>
> Also we're seeing some pictures on interior fit 'n' finish.
>
> Truly drool-inducing.
>
> I cant wait to see this car in Columbus, come July! Pictures hide a
> world of little flaws...(why I was seldom impressed at car shows);
> it's the real thing, up close and personal, that sets the level that
> got SN65 the engineering award.

Wow! Simply awesome. Only thing I'll say is that I like the Cobra
wheels better.

Joe
Calypso Green '93 5.0 LX AOD hatch with a few goodies
Black '03 Dakota 5.9 R/T CC
Old March 15th 06, 04:57 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

In article >, Joe wrote:

> Wow! Simply awesome. Only thing I'll say is that I like the Cobra
> wheels better.

I do as well, however I read in one of his posts that the stock backspacing
severly limits suspension travel (as in tire will smash bodywork) and
doesn't allow the steering to go lock to lock without rubbing.

Old March 15th 06, 10:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default SN65: read current update

Backyard Mechanic > wrote:

> http://www.sn65.com/SN65%20chronolog...er%2006-03.htm

Truly mind-boggle.

SN65 didnt place in any category in the show. Instead got best-engineered
of show.

Because Bob's idea succeeded all too well; Looked just like a factory car.

"Of course if you'd have slapped on about a half-million in chrome....."
Now... look at the Ridler winner again and think "Best Engineered"!

http://www.autorama.com/casi/images/...large/2006.jpg

Heh!

you pay..DEAL with it!
Old March 15th 06, 10:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

In article >, Backyard Mechanic wrote:
> Backyard Mechanic > wrote:
>
>> http://www.sn65.com/SN65%20chronolog...er%2006-03.htm
>>

> Truly mind-boggle.
>
> SN65 didnt place in any category in the show. Instead got best-engineered
> of show.
>
> Because Bob's idea succeeded all too well; Looked just like a factory car.

I wouldn't say 'just like'. Panel fit, paint, and other details were well
above 'factory' quality for their respective model years. But of course
after all that work one doesn't go half-ass on those details.

> "Of course if you'd have slapped on about a half-million in chrome....."
> Now... look at the Ridler winner again and think "Best Engineered"!

It would seem that the show is about metal crafting, painting, bling, etc
not engineering a buildable product. The SN65 is more of one of those
almost-production show cars. Where most of the difference between the
final showroom product and what is on the turn table are those little
details like perfect paint.

> http://www.autorama.com/casi/images/...large/2006.jpg

Looks like someone pimped out an excaliber....